GTW 36 signup and discussion

Want to play in Game 36? Sign up here. Comments? Questions? Demands to host or play? Let's hear it.

Sign me up.

Also, cryptic mrxak is cryptic.

I'll go another round.

I'm back for cash. :hector_bird: Sign me up.

Sign me up skippy!

@Crow: You should probably read up on some previous GTW games, watch what different roles do throughout other games and such so you know what you're looking for in innocent players versus evil players. Your inexperience really tripped us up during the third round of the last game IMO.

I wouldn't say that too loud jacabyte. Who was the first person to believe our frameup of crow again? I honestly don't think i've ever seen a player who looked so little like a terrorist.

Regardless of that, good game everyone, and good work picking me off! I think i'll have to sit this next game out unfortunately, but i hope it goes well.

I'll play.

Incidentally, I might like to host, say, Game 37 or 38... if you'll let me. I promise not to include any roles beyond standard GTW (innocent, IA, villain, defender).

@jacabyte, on 24 May 2012 - 06:33 PM, said in GTW 36 signup and discussion:

Sign me up skippy!

@Crow: You should probably read up on some previous GTW games, watch what different roles do throughout other games and such so you know what you're looking for in innocent players versus evil players. Your inexperience really tripped us up during the third round of the last game IMO.

I thank you for your offer and candor about my actions in the last game. I was mostly replying with honest answers and reactions to what was happening and going off notes I took during the game of who I thought might be the enemy. I'll look and see what I can to modify my game next time.

@shlimazel, on 24 May 2012 - 06:52 PM, said in GTW 36 signup and discussion:

Who was the first person to believe our frameup of crow again?

If prophile had not been the IA I would have considered otherwise, but since he was the IA, and he had voted for Crow the previous round, the possibility that he had investigated Crow and found that he was a traitor was much too great to consider. And then he panicked instead of pointing out that the odds that prophile had even investigated him were extremely low, and that my entire hypothesis was based on a huge leap of logic, which caused me to believe that he was a traitor even more. Then he pointed out that this was the first time he had played a GTW game, and that Mack probably wouldn't have made him a traitor, which was something I hadn't even considered.

I decided that Crow was innocent and that SIB was innocent as well based on his ruthlessly indiscriminate voting history. So then we voted for you, the third guy in my list. Had I still been alive for the fourth round I would have tried to have gotten Kasofa lynched, based on the fact that his votes were always for the person who had the most votes currently.

But the clincher is we would have won had we listened to mrxak from the very beginning. From now on we always listen to mrxak, all hail mrxak!

Not a good idea, JacaByte -- what if mrxak is a traitor? But otherwise you're right, he was quite prescient regarding who the traitors were.

@mackilroy, on 24 May 2012 - 07:50 PM, said in GTW 36 signup and discussion:

what if mrxak is a traitor?

See, we throw him in a lake first, and if he floats he's a traitor!

Looking back, it's a miracle that I managed at all, I was extremely clumsy about my voting. I meant to start the lynch mob for the insensate nfreader, but I missed my chance and then followed my previous voting pattern.

-K

@jacabyte, on 24 May 2012 - 07:44 PM, said in GTW 36 signup and discussion:

But the clincher is we would have won had we listened to mrxak from the very beginning. From now on we always listen to mrxak, all hail mrxak!

Thank you. This will be an excellent strategy the rest of you should not follow in future games I play. As for the possibility that I'm the traitor, well, you wouldn't catch me anyway because I don't leave clues that I myself could identify. That's not to say I might not leave clues that somebody else could identify, but I doubt it ;).

I also identified you as a guaranteed innocent, JacaByte, in the first round. It's my hope that others did so as well, but perhaps not. I didn't say anything at the time so as to protect you from certain death. A careful read of the topic again perhaps is called for, for those who didn't catch what was so obvious to me. For future reference, if somebody made JacaByte's mistake in the first round, and I'm the bad guy, he dies first, not mud212. Selecting obvious innocents for death each night is a sure sign that mrxak may be evil. Or, somebody read this post and upped their game.

Anyway, I indeed have put my name forward as next host, and I hope you agree. The game I'll run will not be mafia as you recognize it, but it's a very similar game of paranoia, betrayal, and deduction. We need no less than five, and no more than ten players. There will be five rounds. There are good guys and bad guys. The good guys are trying to win three rounds, and the bad guys are trying to prevent them from winning three. I will fully explain the rules should you choose me as your host, of course, but in short, it's like mafia without the killing and it's really fun in person.

I'm hoping that fun translates to a web forum. I promise an epic storyline of life-and-death struggle in a race against time to save the very world. Mostly, though, it's very much a player-driven game. Every player needs to make decisions of various types in each round, and ultimately the best strategy and best deduction will win out. I really hope you'll enjoy it enough to play it again.

HEIL HITLER

I'm in. I have no idea what's going on, but I'm in.

This post has been edited by retep998 : 25 May 2012 - 12:14 AM

I think this was my mistake;

@jacabyte, on 18 May 2012 - 01:29 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Mack sent PMs to diplomats as well, so you should probably ask Mack who you are...

I also started the bandwagon against mud212 to get Crow to cast his vote for somebody other than me.

And then I pointed out how suspicious Crow was being for changing his vote.

You could certainly use that to try and pin me as a terrorist, and you'd be absolutely correct for lynching me, because that is not nice to Crow and innocent people shouldn't go out of their way to do it to other innocents.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 25 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

Your mistake was that post. It certainly outed yourself as innocent to everybody (who was paying enough attention). Not such a bad message to send to other innocents, but if the bad guys pick up on it, and pick up on the fact that others might pick up on it, they really ought to kill you immediately.

The rest, eh... I don't know why any innocents would try to lynch you for it.

Anyway, my post before yours? It was a joke, silly rabbit :p. I was making fun of Mackilroy's phrasing (the "and").

Ahhh, I see it now...

According to my calculations, we have...

Signed up to play:
Mackilroy
prophile
mud212
Crow T. Robot
JacaByte
SoItBegins
retep998

Sitting out:
Shlimazel

Posted, but did not say is playing:
Kasofa1

Haven't heard from:
nfreader

more like global thermonuclear MAFIA am I right guys?? lol can I play??

According to my calculations, we have...

Signed up to play:
Mackilroy
prophile
mud212
Crow T. Robot
JacaByte
SoItBegins
retep998
croc

Sitting out:
Shlimazel

Posted, but did not say is playing: