hehe, guess what?

Check my member status. Okay, enough bragging.

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

Congratulations 🙂

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could devise it. We will line all our ships up and fly straight at the enemy death cannons therefore clogging them with wreckage.

WOW! Congragulations Sargatanus! How do you get a member status like that?

------------------

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**WOW! Congragulations Sargatanus! How do you get a member status like that?

Uh, you become a moderator.

To do that, I simply pointed out to andrew that the only moderator we have is Sundered Angel. Vegeta officially retired quite some time ago and he was part of the "Ares Axis." Pax was also part of the axis, and since the axis is no more (their site vanished) I assume that Pax is no more. Replicant hasn't posted more than twice in the past six months, and I'm not sure what his status is, but it is my philosophy that you have to be a regular to be a moderator.

I also told andrew a few ideas I had for the board and site (which I will discuss at length once I collaborate with SA). Andrew also was fearing a flood of spammers in Trash Talk like there was in EV B&B;, and handed control to the moderators. And if the spamming was half as bad as in EV B&B; it would have been more than SA could handle. So here you go; Ares moderating is now bipartisan.

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

Cotton Mouse: You don't know why you weren't selected for a moderator, well, read your recent post and I think you'll figure out why. But don't let that stop you, you might have a chance to replace Pax, if you send andrew a resumé including a good plan for increasing reveneu and board traffic.

------------------

I am NOT gavin Sag. I am not like this. I am simply fed up.

------------------
"...Cotton Mouse... to say that the plug is royally messed up is an understatement. I'm taking a look at it with Plug Checker, and some of these errors I have just never seen before..."-Obormot, debugger

ERA for EV:
www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html

(still in alpha stages)

Originally posted by Cotton Mouse:
**I am NOT gavin Sag.

You're not me? Wow. I thought you were. :rolleyes: 😉
But what do you mean by not being me??
~Gav

------------------
AIM: Just, GavHardy.:-)
http://www.secretchimpboard.cjb.net/
Check out the site! Exellent webboard! Come on in!

I'd like fish 'n' chips, with extra batter and a lump of lard on the side. Also, a triple extra-large chocolate ice-cream with a flake in each scoop, a large cheese burger, with another compliment of fries, and whatever that person over there is eating, and some coke. Oh, and make that Diet Coke, as I'm on a diet.

I came, I saw, I left home 'cos my dinner was cold.
-Julias Caeser in Carry on Caeser comedy series.

Gavin=

1/8 computer nerd
1/8 fast biker
1/8 tv watcher
1/8 EVO fan
1/2 clubber and lady's man

hehe...

Wow. Since when was 'moteratordom' was so important that it sparked up pissing contests? Just a rhetorical question.

I just think I deserve something-anything, even another tetnis shot.

I was the person who figured out how to get space race and skip levels in Ares!

Sag.--did you go to andrew welch first to become a moderator, or did he randomly do it to you?

If the second one is true, than that will make me even angrier.

------------------
"...Cotton Mouse... to say that the plug is royally messed up is an understatement. I'm taking a look at it with Plug Checker, and some of these errors I have just never seen before..."-Obormot, debugger

ERA for EV:

(still in alpha stages)

Originally posted by Cotton Mouse:
**Sarg.--did you go to andrew welch first to become a moderator, or did he randomly do it to you?

If the second one is true, than that will make me even angrier.

It was the former, so you can relax a little. I sent him an email detailing some ideas I had for the site and board. That plus the fact that SA was the only active moderator further spurred on his decision.

------------------

Well, I'm back from my trip and look- We have a new moderator!

Congratulations Sargantanus- You're one of my preferred choices. I think you'll do a good job as a moderator. And I'm interested in these "ideas" of yours. It sounds... interesting...

And as for you, Cotton Mouse. I had no idea you wanted to be a moderator so much, so it's a pretty good guess that Andrew didn't know either. I know how long you've been on the Ares Boards- I remember back when this was part of AresCentral.com and I was only a Junior Member, you were there.

Remember when the longest thread was "Admiral Grammaticus is a Girly Man"? LOL. Those were the days. Anyway, there are no doubts as to your membership length. Next time the subject comes up, send in a polite request to Andrew. I'm sure he'll adknowledge your comittment.

To end on a happy note:

I'm back! Everyone hide!

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

As I recall, I applied for that position 13/14 months ago. I was declined, and that pretty much permanintly sealed my fate.

And what happened to my rant post after sag flaunted his moderator stauts?

------------------

ERA for EV:

(still in alpha stages)

:mad:

I'm ****ing pissed

Hey don't look at me! I'm all for rants. Glares in Sundered Angel's direction

------------------

Great. Just ****ing great. Already we're sliding into the disdain that is so rampant in EV B&B.;

------------------

I didn't delete it... Odd. You could post it again if you like Cotton Mouse.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Strangely, Sundered Angel, re-posting a rant when you're not angry anymore simply makes you feel like a terrible person. Oh, and whoever it was hacked my geocities mirror site, luckfully, I have a copy on my HD and a zip.

------------------

ERA for EV:

(still in alpha stages)

Originally posted by Sundered Angel:
**I didn't delete it... Odd.

Hmm Is it possible that Replicant has crawled out of his hiding place?

------------------

Sargantanus, that's not particularly nice. Replicant's done some nice work in the past, even if he is a little infrequent now.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

That wasn't meant as offensive. I apologize if it seemed so.

------------------