Themes

Installing downloaded themes...

Just wondering how I go about installing downloaded themes for Defcon. Do I need to create a new folder or something?

Thanks in advance.

Can you be more specific, please? There are already several themes installed by default, which can be accessed via the Tools menu (Tools -> Style Editor). This same menu option will also allow you to edit the existing themes, or create new ones. If you have downloaded something off of the internet, it should go in ~/Library/Application Support/DEFCON/mods (which you may have to create yourself), but that will only work if the theme author packaged up their theme appropriately to be used as a mod. If that doesn't help, then please explain what it is that you are trying to do.

xander

QUOTE (darwinian @ Jul 8 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you be more specific, please? There are already several themes installed by default, which can be accessed via the Tools menu (Tools -> Style Editor). This same menu option will also allow you to edit the existing themes, or create new ones. If you have downloaded something off of the internet, it should go in ~/Library/Application Support/DEFCON/mods (which you may have to create yourself), but that will only work if the theme author packaged up their theme appropriately to be used as a mod. If that doesn't help, then please explain what it is that you are trying to do.

xander

I downloaded a *.txt file with a theme in it, and would like it to appear in the theme list. Is there anyway to do this?

Place that file in ~/Library/Application Support/DEFCON/mods/(foobar)/data/styles/ , and change the name of the file to "default.txt". Restart DEFCON (if it was running), then from the main menu, select "Mods." There should be a list of mods, including one called (foobar) (where (foobar) is whatever you named the directory, above). Load that mod, and your theme should be changed.

xander