Mods in DEFCON

Tell me step by step how to install mods in DEFCON. That's impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Go to User/Library/Application Support
2. If there isn't one there already, create a folder named DEFCON.
3. Create a folder called mods in DEFCON.
4. Copy whatever mods you've downloaded into said folder.
5. Start up the game, go to the Mods option at the bottom, pick the mod you want to use, and click Activate.
6. Play the game.

If you're playing DEFCON under Windows, these instructions won't help you. Go to Introversion's forums or find someone here who's done it under Windows for that information.

@mackilroy, on Jul 16 2008, 08:40 PM, said in Mods in DEFCON:

1. Go to User/Library/Application Support
2. If there isn't one there already, create a folder named DEFCON.
3. Create a folder called mods in DEFCON.
4. Copy whatever mods you've downloaded into said folder.
5. Start up the game, go to the Mods option at the bottom, pick the mod you want to use, and click Activate.
6. Play the game.

If you're playing DEFCON under Windows, these instructions won't help you. Go to Introversion's forums or find someone here who's done it under Windows for that information.

Yes, I run Defcon under Windows. What do you run it on? Linux?
I have already done the exact same things before you told me them. That's why I said it's impossible to install mods in Defcon. I want just two mods. The one with the Hollywood nuclear explosions and the one where the world has color like in reality.

I use Mac OS X. Again, I'm unfamiliar with how to do it under Windows, so I would strongly recommend checking Introversion's forums or using Google.

Under Windows XP, the mod directory lives in the DEFCON directory. Under Windows Vista, however, I think it was moved somewhere else in order to obtain a "Games for Windows" tag. The best place to answer this kind of question (i.e. a general question about DEFCON, or a Windows or Linux specific question) would be the the Unofficial DEFCON FAQ, which is linked from a sticky topic in Introversion's DEFCON forum.

xander