Just Downloaded

But already having problems, its a record.

So I started it but all the letters are just boxes. So I have no idea what anything says. This is angering me as I would to the kill everybody.

Does your computer support the minimum requirements? Could you post a screenshot?

I sounds like the font didn't install properly, or his computer is set to a language DEFCON doesn't support.

Can you please post your system specs (processor, GPU, OS, &c.)? I have seen this bug reported before, but it has always been due to out-of-date drivers, and has always been on windows machines.

xander

@darwinian, on Apr 16 2008, 12:20 AM, said in Just Downloaded:

Can you please post your system specs (processor, GPU, OS, &c.)? I have seen this bug reported before, but it has always been due to out-of-date drivers, and has always been on windows machines.

xander

Its a 500 MHz PowerPC G3
OSX version 10.4.11
Hope that helps, whats a GPU

Requirements: Intel or PowerPC G4 or better, Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later

GPU stands for Graphics Processing Unit. This is your video card. Now, the minimum requirements for DEFCON are a G4, which you do not have. Furthermore, my recollection is that the fastest desktop G3 had a 45h Mhz proc, which means that you have either a PowerBook or maybe an iBook. In either case, you have a severely underpowered video card. So, in addition to the video card not being able to properly display the fonts, I would imagine that the game would be pretty unplayable for you.

In short, if you are going to play DEFCON, you are probably going to need to get a new computer.

xander

@darwinian, on Apr 16 2008, 07:56 PM, said in Just Downloaded:

Requirements: Intel or PowerPC G4 or better, Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later

GPU stands for Graphics Processing Unit. This is your video card. Now, the minimum requirements for DEFCON are a G4, which you do not have. Furthermore, my recollection is that the fastest desktop G3 had a 45h Mhz proc, which means that you have either a PowerBook or maybe an iBook. In either case, you have a severely underpowered video card. So, in addition to the video card not being able to properly display the fonts, I would imagine that the game would be pretty unplayable for you.

In short, if you are going to play DEFCON, you are probably going to need to get a new computer.

xander

Damn!! Now I can't kill everybody. Sad face pancakes.