n00b Question

I just downloaded this today

I've been around this part of the forum and noticed it's actually possible to play multiplayer.
So, my question is, do I have to purchase DEFCON for the $25 in order to play Multiplayer?

You can join an unrestricted already started game online or you can start a 1v1 game online without registering, from my experience. I would recommend that you register so you can decide how you want to run a game or two.

It's different from how I'm used to. How would I go about doing so?

Unregistered clients are not allowed to start games with more than two players, and only one demo player is supposed to be allowed in any game hosted by a non-demo client. That is the biggest difference between the demo and full versions of the game. If you wish to register the game, you would go about it in the same way that you would any other Ambrosia game. That is, go to the game's page, click the purchase button, and follow the instructions. You will be emailed an authentication key, which you need to input into DEFCON. To do this, open DEFCON, and, from the main menu, click "Options" then "Authentication." Paste or type in the key you are sent. Done.

xander

I won't be able to afford DEFCON for a while.
So, are there any good strategies I can use?