The screen saver

It's great and all, but...

I really miss all the weird data readouts (and the "nice game of chess" comment) from the game's startup screen. What happened to those? Why aren't they in the screen saver? 😞

Would it be possible to release a new version of the screen saver where they can be enabled in the Options dialog?

Hmm, that's a good point. It would be neat to see projected casualty figures and whatnot.

While we're on the subject of feature requests, I wouldn't mind seeing options to change the color of the world, and possibly the speed of the spin.

If I'd have realized so many people would download the screensaver, I'd have put more work into it. But I was pressed for time, and so just did a very basic version. It wouldn't be hard to add at least some basic parameters to it, but honestly I don't know if I'll ever get around to it at this point. Glad you like it though.

Someone might have mentioned this already, but you can hack the screensaver by replacing the coastlines.dat and international.dat files with different ones from a mod. At least in theory you can; I haven't tried.

Really? That's pretty interesting, I might have to try that.

It's neat. I opened up the .dat files in a text editor and replacing random numbers, like turning all the 1s into 2s etc... The results are less than satisfactory to say the least.

Bump, in case Electrolite has mysteriously obtained a wellspring of free time in which to code. 😉