Global Thermonuclear War

I dunno... Retracted Mackilroy was fairly active in the early part of the game, yet now has fallen somewhat silent. Perhaps he's running scared?

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 20 October 2007 - 02:28 PM

@anon, on Oct 20 2007, 08:35 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

My strategy for blind games are attrition based, unless, like the previous game, I am able to make determinations that have a mathematical advantage to my ability to win. As an innocent, my ultimate goal is to choose two people who I deem to be also innocent and try to ensure mine and their survival until the end of the game. 1Eevee1 does not fit into that category, and I find his presence disruptive to my ability to determine likely suspects of terrorism.

Tell us your thoughts then, who do you suspect to be guilty, and innocent?

And just who have we lynched?

GutlessWonder: I've been at work for most of the time. Sorry.

China has always been suspicious to me. I vote for 1Eevee1.

I'm changing my vote to 1Eevee1 , mostly agreeing with Anon's analysis. His play has been too erratic.

Silence falls again as a further message appears on screen.

"Your time is up. An execution squad will be in shortly, you have two minutes."

1Eevee1 pleads for his life, asking the others to think of his family, his children, his country; his words are ignored. The squad bursts into the room. "Actually," says 1Eevee1, "screw you."

He takes out a machine gun and valiantly tries to kill the squad, but they get him first with only two casualties.

In the confusion, nobody seems to have noticed that Mackilroy is lying, clearly dead on the floor. Up until this point, anyway. As the footsteps of the execution squad echo away down the corridor, Anon sees the body, and runs over. "He's dead," he concludes. "Very dead. It's the crossbow bolt through the skull that gives it away. Was he evil, do you think?"

"No," says kickme coldly. Anon, confused, looks up.

kickme looks at GutlessWonder. GutlessWonder looks at kickme. In unison, they stand, drawing their guns, and point them at Anon.

Anon, a look on his face like he's seen a ghost, backs towards a wall.

"Now chaps, be reasonable," he says, in an attempt at a calm voice. At that moment, General Prophile strides into the room.

"General!" exclaims Anon. "It's them, it's GutlessWonder and kickme, they're the evil dictators."

"I know," replies the general calmly, pulling out a gun of his own, and shooting Anon cleanly through the temple.

Three grins erupt on the faces of the survivors in the room.

"You were lucky," notes the General, "you got my intelligence agent early."

"Who was it?" asks kickme.

" nfreader. Doesn't matter now, the world is ours."

Hours later, a nuclear holocaust begins to wipe out the population of the world.

Evil Dictators win.

Yay! 🙂

Well played. 🙂 That was a lot of fun.

Damn, I was counting on having gotten one of them and getting an extra round. Ah, well. To the next game.

...That was bad. That was very, very bad.

Apart from the whole killing innocents and nfreader, and losing, causing the world to be covered in a huge nuclear fireball. Apart from that, we did quite well.

Told you I was innocent. I lied about the special role though, I was nothing.

WOOOOOOOOO!

nothin' says lovin' like nucular kisses

Fallout party in my bunker!

I'm not sure we should keep the whole "blind" style of play. It makes it very hard for the innocents to figure out what is going on.

I agree. Anon's plan of eliminating random players is suicidal, if too late in the game.

The fact that people keep suspecting me on nothing but "I'm due" to be a dictator doesn't help. That I'm also "Due" to be an I.A. seems to have been overlooked. This is nfreader's second time with that role, I believe?

@eugene-chin, on Oct 20 2007, 08:29 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I agree. Anon's plan of eliminating random players is suicidal, if too late in the game.

The fact that people keep suspecting me on nothing but "I'm due" to be a dictator doesn't help. That I'm also "Due" to be an I.A. seems to have been overlooked. This is nfreader's second time with that role, I believe?

It's not random, I thought Mackilroy was innocent for sure, but I had also figured we had managed to knock one of the dictators out. That just made it a numbers game. I did not suspect GutlessWonder, which was incorrect, but that made it a toss-up between 1Eevee1 and kickme. Since I didn't believe there were still two dictators left in the game, I didn't care which one got the axe.