Thermonuclear War, Round VI

I'm voting for Cerberus , who has said nothing and viewed the topic several times. Classic under-the-radar behavior.

Aye. Some might say that the Chinese are too authoritative with its people, but we do this to encourage peace through uniformity. This is not a question of individual freedom, it is about international security, which is clearly most threatening from a state which allows too many freedoms. Our society is safe because we make it safe. How safe do you think the US is?

I second the vote for Retracted GutlessWonder.

This post has been edited by rebelswin_85 : 17 September 2007 - 04:22 PM

It seems as though the Chinese are trying to hide something, though I shall wait for this to play out further before voting.

We Chinese hide nothing - you see all of our actions, whether through the news or the Internet. We have nothing to hide - but it sounds like you do.

The first round is always the hardest because we have nothing really to go on.
Cold War suspicions die hard, and he has already accused me, so I vote for mrxak.

I feel I must point out that, despite the ideological assertions of the representatives of China, that the plutonium that the Andromeda Society is using came from Chinese stockpiles. If your domestic methods were truly effective at ensuring security and unity, this would not be the case.

I am not accusing any of you of being complicit in those actions; however, you must be aware that when the chosen method of enforcing unity is to Murder all dissidents, that the dissenters will Make their voices heard in a different, usually more violent, way.

The government of China has tried to use information technology to spy on its own people, to target dissenters. Can you now, honestly, say that given a choice between the PRC as it exists today, and a PRC in a technologically Emasculated future, that those dissenters would Not want to see the Andromeda succeed?

Ideology is not a shield. All of us are threatened by the Andromeda Society. And yet, all I have seen here is ideologues and speculation.

We are no closer to the truth now than when we started.

We do not claim that we are invulnerable to members of Andromeda. However, we are not the only ones at fault with regards to the terrorists' gaining the components to build their weapons. We are willing to share any and all information that can be put to use into tracking these evildoers down.

Five people still to vote, if I'm counting right. About a day to go?

Gutlesswonder 's reign of terror, villainy and corruption must come to an end! Communism breeds strong folk like myself, and my compatriots: Comrade Cerberus of the good feelings ministry and comrade kickme from the ministry of putting signs on peoples backs.

I don't know who to vote for, so I shall do the same as my American comrades and vote for Cerebus. Because we have the big man upstairs on our side.

1Eevee1, if you're serious, votes go in bold please.

I am afraid I have to say that darth_vader's Retracted actions seem suspicious to me.

While Mackilroy did not feel threatened by GutlessWonder's accusation, shown by his not returning the accusation, neither immediately nor in the hours hence (Mack still hasn't voted), darth_vader took it as an opportunity to throw an accusation at Gutless. Further, he makes the claim of protecting his countryman to deflect criticism from himself; a countryman, who may I remind you all, did not feel the need to defend himself from such a flippant accusation.

I ask you all to take this into consideration.

The Vote As It Stands:
Eugene Chin: darth_vader
1Eevee1: Cerberus
GutlessWonder: Mackilroy
mrxak: Cerberus
Cerberus: mrxak
kickme: - undecided -
nfreader: GutlessWonder
darth_vader: GutlessWonder
Mackilroy: - undecided -
rebelswin_85: GutlessWonder

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 17 September 2007 - 11:29 AM

I vote to nuke GutlessWonder.

Also, part of the reason why I didn't defend myself was because I wasn't near a computer with Internet access to be able to do so. Take that as you will. 😉

Yeah, I find the GutlessWonder votes pretty suspicious, pretty much everybody just jumping on the bandwagon. I am currently operating with the assumption that one of my countrymen is providing nuclear weapons to the enemy, since I know that I'm not the one, but I think it is a mistake to just all nuke the first person to vote. We should all be a lot more suspicious of the folks that have been very slow to join the game, and we shouldn't just go along with whatever our countrymen are doing. Read darwinian's posts, there's no reason to trust anybody.

I pointed a finger to get things started. As I predicted, nearly everyone quickly accused me of being a terrorist simply because I was the first to make an accusation. For shame, delegates, for shame. That the Russians and the Chinese seem to be standing together I find highly suggestive. Let me be clear, I am not a terrorist, I never have been a member of the Andromeda Society.

To show support for my fellow countrymen, I change my vote to Cerberus.

The current vote is as follows:

Cerberus : GutlessWonder, mrxak
darth_vader : Eugene Chin
GutlessWonder : darth_vader, Mackilroy, nfreader, rebelswin_85
mrxak : Cerberus
Yet to vote: 1Eevee1, kickme

I post this list largely to highlight, 1Eevee1, that your vote will not be counted if it is not in bold.

xander

Apparently, the big man upstairs isn't on your side, 1Eevee1.

Given time to consider, darth_vader isn't the only suspicious actor here. nfreader, too, seems to be bandwagoning on ideological lines, discounting any possibility that the terrorist sympathizers could be on his side of the red / blue divide.

He, a Russian representative, jumps on a bandwagon with the Chinese representatives, and calls on the other Russians to side with him. Complete disregard.

Given that the "Kill GutlessWonder" bandwagon has picked up enough speed to plow through all reasonable thought, I don't think there is any point in changing my vote now (Especially since I do not believe Cerberus to be a terrorist).

Nevertheless: nfreader

I acknowledge Mrxak's arguments: we can trust no one. However, we have nothing to go on at this point, so we can't do any more damage by voting along party lines than we would by voting randomly. That said, I do not wish to encourage this trend too much, as I feel it could have negative consequences in the long run. I wish to make tentative overture's to the blue side, and change my vote to Cerberus. It's all of us against terrorism, not Red v. Blue.

Thank you, rebelswin_85. Your solidarity against terrorism, rather than solidarity along color, is appreciated. Where the heck is kickme?

Officially, the voting is tied at the moment, as 1Eevee1 did not bold his vote. So, we are going to go into "sudden death." As soon as a representative has a plurality of the votes, the council will arrest that representative. If several votes are cast/changed between now and the time that get back online, all of those votes will count. I will likely be back in a couple of hours, so get things worked out before then.

kickme and 1Eevee1 have yet to vote. Get to it!

xander

I am a proud member of the FSB and I would never betray the trust my country has placed in me, nor assist those who intend to murder her citizens. This Andromeda Society has killed Russians in the past and they intend to in the future. They must be stopped at any cost.

This post has been edited by Cerberus : 17 September 2007 - 09:21 PM