help...yet again

Yet another level is kicking my (explative deleted).

This time, it's "The Swarm" (first level against Aud. Axis, the one w/ the inhibitor thingamajig). I've managed to blow up the inhibitor, but I can't seem to destroy the Aud. fleet, so I'm calling upon the expertise of those who are more skilled than I (again).

Also, I'd appreciate it if someone would point me in the direction of Ares 1.2, so I can see some of these plug-ins for myself (even if they are cruddy)...and no, I won't cheat.

Thanks,

Idiot Box

------------------
If you can read this, you don't need glasses...yet.

Simple, once you destroy the inhibitor, just warp away from that Audemedon fleet as fast as possible. Go to the Ishima fleet and wait with them. Once the Audemedons attack, they won't be able to only attack you because there's all these Ishima ships attacking them! Go for the enemy carriers first, then attack the enemy cruisers, the gunships are slow enough to be attacked by the Ishimans so don't worry to much about them. If your Eleejetian cruiser gets destroyed, transfer control to an Ishiman HVD. With your fullerene pulse you can easily tear through enemy ships.

This level requires lots of skill, especially when engaging the first Audemedon fleet. You must be a good pilot in order to beat this level. Don't worry if you try to beat it a few times and you fail, that's what happened to me when I tried it, but you'll eventually beat it.

One tip is to stay away from the Audemedons Inasa pulse guns, they are DEADLY! If you get in a head to head fire fight with an Audemedon gunship, you'll probably loose. And remember that the Eleejetian cruiser is not very well armored, be careful.

I'll eventually be posting an Ares level guide. That will certainly help players like you beat hard levels.

Hope my advice helped!

------------------

I go straight for the carrier, if you use 1: 16 mode you can take it out easy by staying out of the beam thingy's range, and let the hvd's take out the fighters. This way, you get 2 more HVDs because the carrier is the only thing that kicks their ass. After that take out the gunship. You know Anasa (it's anasa okay) is just the same as onas. Exactly. Also fullereen is the same except for the fact that it has ammo.

Also what the hell do holo field generator thyngies do??żż

------------------
"How can I make it go faster?" -Me-

(This message has been edited by Azdara (edited 07-11-2000).)

Audemedon Cruisers are equipped with holo-generators. They basically make identical-looking ships split off in random directions, causing panic and confusion to unsuspecting human players. It's annoying, really.

------------------
"HAHAHAHAHahahaaaaa!" — Soulblighter

Actually, no, it is Inasa pulse gun. And there is a difference. The Onas pulse gun is concussive, like missles, meaning it doesn't just hit and give damage, but it explodes and pushes away (slightly) the other ship.

------------------
Long Live Apple! Long Live the Mac!