1v1 DEFCON Tournament

As you were so close to finishing, I am not going to worry about the dropping. The final result is 156 to -31. This means that the first round has concluded. There are two games in the next (semi-final) round:

prophile vs rus|mike
Hyperion vs X

Please schedule these games, and get them played in the next week or so.

Posted Image

xander

Myself and X are trying to organise our game to play now. Hope this is acceptable.

This post has been edited by TeddyBearPicnic : 26 July 2007 - 07:41 PM

Fell through. Working on scheduling game the regular way. 😉

TBP and I have been going back and forth on various short-notice game time possibilities ; turns out we're both online right now, so we're trying for a game now, but time constraints are nearing, so if it doesn't work out, we'll aim for the same time 24 hours from now 🙂

TeddyBearPicnic aka Hyperion ate me for breakfast (or midnight snack I am guessing as he is about 8 hours off timezone for me, hence our hectic scheduling)

Victory to TBP, 122 points to -4

I don't have a play by play recap of the game, but I will say that despite doing well in the first naval battle, I used my bombers in stupid ways and didn't head off TBP's navy going around my coast, so I got a bunch of bombers knocking on the back door and that was that 🙂 Good game to TBP!

And here's my screenshot!

Posted Image

Edit: Woops bad link

This post has been edited by xel : 27 July 2007 - 03:02 PM

Yeah, good game, ruslMike watched the replay then spectated live, i have a screenshot too...i await either Prophile or mike in the final 😉 now off i go to work.

Good luck Hyperion!!!

This post has been edited by p3ter_st0ry : 27 July 2007 - 03:10 PM

Hyperion, post your screenshot, please.

xander

@darwinian, on Jul 28 2007, 09:26 PM, said in 1v1 DEFCON Tournament:

Hyperion, post your screenshot, please.

xander

Posted Image

Thank you, Hyperion.

I have been trying to get in touch with prophile, and failing. He has until Thursday to show up and say something before he is disqualified. If he does not show up by then, we will proceed to the final round.

xander

We arranged our game on 5 PM GMT today, but probably we can play it earlier.

@rus_mike, on Aug 1 2007, 01:24 PM, said in 1v1 DEFCON Tournament:

We arranged our game on 5 PM GMT today, but probably we can play it earlier.

Whenever you get it done. I am in no hurry.

As to the final game, I now have a DedCon server set up. I would like y'all to use that server, so that we can get a recording of the last game. I will give you details when they are needed. 😉

xander

Emmmm.... I having difficulties with my partner again. He didn't show up in the arranged time and currently does not respond to my PMs.

Still no sing of prophile. I can wait a bit more, but pretty soon I'll have to go to bed.

I will give prophile 36 hours to post in this topic, or get a game played. If he has not replied, or the game has not been played, by 11:59 PM 2 August 2007, then rus|mike shall be declared winner, by default.

xander

Okay, prophile seems to be MIA, so rus|mike advances automatically. Hyperion, rus|mike -- schedule your game whenever you can. I have set up a server for tournament play. It is called "A Dedicated Game of Chess," and is running 24/7. The password is hypermike. After the game starts, the password protection will be removed. I will be out of town for much of the weekend, but don't wait up for me. I will be recording the game. Just let me know when it has been played, so I can find the recording.

Posted Image

xander

We'll get it played, maybe on friday?, i've seen your server already, is it all lowercase? the password.

@teddybearpicnic, on Aug 5 2007, 04:18 AM, said in 1v1 DEFCON Tournament:

We'll get it played, maybe on friday?, i've seen your server already, is it all lowercase? the password.

It is exactly as you see it, lowercase and everything. 😉

xander

Emmm.... this server runs in a tournament mode, so no DEMO player, including me can connect.

@rus_mike, on Aug 8 2007, 12:12 PM, said in 1v1 DEFCON Tournament:

Emmm.... this server runs in a tournament mode, so no DEMO player, including me can connect.

Actually, the server won't let you connect because I have not been allowing demo users to connect. Let me change that. Try again now, and if it doesn't work, poke me on IRC, or here. I hang out on IV's #defcon channel (irc.uplinkcorp.net), and ASW's #defcon channel (irc.ambrosia.net). If you don't have an IRC client, Dave2 (one of the guys that hangs out on uplinkcorp) has set up a CGI IRC client, which can be found here: http://irc.jpgclan.com/ .

xander