Way-points MOD possible?

I don't know anything about modding for this game -- and I've only been playing the game a few days -- but one feature that seemed to "jump right out at me" as missing is way-point capability for movable units.

Example: Nearing the end of a match with 2 CPU opponents and I sent a load of bombers across the Atlantic from Europe to bomb the US. After which I turned my attention to my other enemy in Africa. Needless to say the US fleet was in the Atlantic and most of my bombers didn't make it. I would have loved to be able to have set a few way-points, sending them first north and east into northern Canada, then south into the US.

As I said I'm new, but is there a reason that this would NOT be useful? Or is there another way to achieve the same basic strategy?

Thanks.

This is not possible within the modding system of DEFCON. DEFCON mods are restricted to themes, unit and world graphics, and maps. Unit behaviour cannot be modded.

As to the "usefulness" of such an addition to the game, the general consensus, in the past, has been that it would be a bad idea. One of the skills required to play DEFCON is the ability to manage lots of units at the same time. As you get better at it, I am sure that you will get it figured out, and get micromanagement down to an art. Most players that have commented on this issue prefer things as they are, and feel that waypoints would detract from the purity and simplicity of the game.

If you disagree, you are welcome to take it up on Introversion's DEFCON forums, specifically the Think Tank (Introversion is the company that wrote DEFCON). However, I am fairly certain that the reaction you will get will be very similar to this, thought possibly more hostile.

xander