Ambrosia Launches DEFCON Globe Screen Saver for Mac OS X

ROCHESTER, New York -- June 5, 2007 -- Ambrosia Software today released a Mac OS X screen saver which presents the DEFCON globe rotating in all of its vector glory. Head on over to the DEFCON product page and click on the "Add-on Files" section for a link to download. Now your computer can dream of global thermonuclear war, even when idle! The DEFCON Globe screen saver requires Mac OS X 10.3 and higher.

Posted Image

If you are not already familiar with DEFCON, the game was inspired by the 1983 cult-classic film WarGames. DEFCON superbly evokes the tension, paranoia, and suspicion surrounding the Cold War era. The game was an instantaneous success, receiving an average of 85%+ in game reviews and scores of praise. PC Gamer UK described it as 'pure, deep, utterly unconscionable fun,' while IGN awarded DEFCON an Editors Choice Award and praised it as 'highly impressive.'

Download DEFCON and play immediately with a free trial here:
http://www.AmbrosiaS...m/games/defcon/

I've been happily using this for a few days thanks to the beta list, and it is now the screensaver on three of my computers. I highly recommend it!

Uh...is it just the globe? Where are the bombs?

Hiding.

I like it, even without the bombs. In use on my computer.

It would seem that this is now a "Featured Download" over at Apple. Congratulations, Ambrosia.

xander

Neat.

I'm loving it. Thanks guys. 🙂