Performance on a MacBook?

About to buy... just curious...

I know, I know, the MacBook has integrated graphics, but I just thought I'd ask if anyone is playing this on a Core 2 Duo MacBook, and what their performance is like. I don't have a problem with turning down graphics options, but I'd like to keep a medium-to-high framerate.

Please chime in! Thanks!

"Johnny Dangerously"
Your resident fargin' icehole!

Unfortunately I can't comment on the MacBook but I have a 4.5 year old Powerbook and it runs fine with that! The problem isn't so much the framerate but the latency caused by all the network activity and game logic running. I would assume that, with your processor, it will be able to cope admirably.

I could of course be wrong!

I would suggest that your best bet is to download the demo, and try it out. The demo is exactly the same as the full game, with some restrictions on the number of players that can be supported. Download the demo, try a few games, hit the "Rolling Demo" button to see some AIs duke it out, see what happens. That is one of the reasons the demo exists. 😉

xander

DEFCON runs excellently on my MacBook with normal graphics settings. Unfortunately, the integrated graphics issue causes the processors to run hot, which in turn calls for the fans to run. So it's best to have the computer plugged in when you play a game.

A gaming computer does not the MacBook make. Or something like that.

@darwinian, on Jun 4 2007, 07:53 AM, said in Performance on a MacBook?:

I would suggest that your best bet is to download the demo, and try it out.

Sorry, I meant that I'm about to buy a MacBook. LOL. But I appreciate the responses, especially nfreader 's!

@johnny-dangerously, on Jun 4 2007, 04:18 PM, said in Performance on a MacBook?:

Sorry, I meant that I'm about to buy a MacBook. LOL. But I appreciate the responses, especially nfreader 's!

Ah! I see. Never mind, then.

xander

But nobody likes nfreader! :wub:

@johnny-dangerously, on Jun 4 2007, 09:18 AM, said in Performance on a MacBook?:

no, i think you should download a macbook and try it out. 😛

This post has been edited by Edwin| : 05 June 2007 - 01:30 PM

@prophile, on Jun 5 2007, 04:32 PM, said in Performance on a MacBook?:

But nobody likes prophile! :wub:

You changed "nfreader" to "prophile". Where's my dollar? Oh, and I changed it back. I like prophile. 😛

xander

@darwinian, on Jun 5 2007, 04:03 PM, said in Performance on a MacBook?:

You changed "nfreader" to "prophile". Where's my dollar? Oh, and I changed it back. I like prophile. 😛

xander

Aww...

@nfreader, on Jun 5 2007, 08:48 PM, said in Performance on a MacBook?:

Aww...

I'm sorry, nfreader. I like you, too. :wub:
As long as you give me my dollar. 🙂

xander

I like mrxak.

@darwinian, on Jun 5 2007, 09:03 PM, said in Performance on a MacBook?:

xander

I'm so happy 😄