Diplomacy

computers?

Alright, I know Defcon's supposed to be a multiplayer game, but that 'lowest speed' thing is really annoying; I wish people would bow to my wishes and accept the speed I want, no matter what.

I'm kidding, but seriously, playing online can be a bit of a drag.

So Diplomacy, which had the potential to be really really really cool, is pretty much unavailable to me, mostly because the CPU players never drop out of the alliance or do any political manuverings of their own. It always ends up that I drop out of the alliance, make a feeble stand against 5 others, and die in a blaze of glory, usually with less than 5 million citizens remaining. Also, online players never seem to want to play Diplomacy.

It's a shame, cause this mode could have been terrific.

Honestly, I don't play against strangers that often. If I want to play a game, I generally arrange it via IRC.

irc.ambrosia.net #defcon

xander

Don't get me wrong, some games with strangers are pretty good, people are honest, things go well. but a lot of times you get people dropping, leaviing it on the slowest speed setting, all sorts of crap. not to mention breaking alliances and F***ing you over, but that's expected, it's global thermonuclear war lol.