darthkev's First Sketchmap

QUOTE (Silverwind @ Sep 24 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lam nasty? LOL! Yeah, when the clock strikes less than once. Lam's just about the nicest person on the internet, and his responses were perfectly fair and good natured.

All right, to be fair to Kasofa and darthkev, I was being sarcastic here:

QUOTE (Lamkin @ Sep 17 2009, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, and since you've said that there are no mistakes, I can only assume that this also isn't a mistake and is therefore intentional:

So I apologize for that.
But yeah, apart from that singular comment, I'd attempted to be fair and good-natured in my responses.
Also, darthkev, I honestly liked your level better with the wave gun; I think you should have kept it in...
(Am I starting to irritate people by using so many of these smilies? If so, I'm truly sorry, but I can't seem to stop.)

The smiles are no problem, Lamkin. As for the wave gun, I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll push the big flickers and the lava blobs back farther so you can't kill them before opening the door.

I actually removed the wave gun because of your comment, Lamkin. You said you thought the switch for the main door should be on the other side. With it moved, there no longer was a need for the wave gun.

Oh and Lamkin, in case you can't figure it out, we have the same first name. I only just realized that when reading the description of one of your Sketchmaps.

QUOTE (darthkev @ Sep 24 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As for the wave gun, I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll push the big flickers and the lava blobs back farther so you can't kill them before opening the door.

I think it'd be easy enough to push those fliers back, and it looks to me like you've already done this with the blobules.

I actually removed the wave gun because of your comment, Lamkin. You said you thought the switch for the main door should be on the other side. With it moved, there no longer was a need for the wave gun.

Oops. That thought was just me expressing my initial confusion after trying and failing to find a hidden upgrade; plus, I'd simply never really seen a switch placed purposely on the other side of the door like that (though it's cool and makes sense). So...I'd assumed wrongly that it was a mistake.
The thing is, too, that I kinda liked using the wave gun on the boss.

Oh and Lamkin, in case you can't figure it out, we have the same first name. I only just realized that when reading the description of one of your Sketchmaps.

Yep, I noticed. πŸ˜„

Alright, back by popular demand, the wave gun has been added back into CommandoSketch! You can download it further up on the page where the previous version showed up.

The first door does require the wave gun once again, but it's in a different spot. Also, you can now see the wave gun from within the level. You just need to figure out which wall to shoot. Yes, shoot. You now need to blow up the wall in order to get inside.

The entrance turret in the housing now requires the wave gun to destroy.

Enjoy! Oh, and post feedback!

I liked it. πŸ™‚
You can still destroy shooters (as they're called in the Bestiary) on the other side of a couple of doors.
And you probably know this already, but there's a way, if you want, to have a warning come up that a boss is near as you're about to pass the blinking red lights, but I've never used those lights myself, so I'm not sure how to get that warning to appear.

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 24 September 2009 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Lamkin @ Sep 25 2009, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And you probably know this already, but there's a way, if you want, to have a warning come up that a boss is near as you're about to pass the blinking red lights, but I've never used those lights myself, so I'm not sure how to get that warning to appear.

Oh yeah, I remember using that in TCOC for the spinning square boss. As far as I know it's undocumented (I discovered it by experimenting), and to create it you need an event trigger named "Boss Warning" or "Boss Alert" or something like that.

Ed could tell you. Is he still around these days?

QUOTE (Silverwind @ Sep 25 2009, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ed could tell you. Is he still around these days?

I dunno. Klublex would also know, methinks, as I'm almost positive that he's managed to do this this in at least one or two of his levels. (Actually, I just opened Klublex's Return of the Pen in the editor and he has a separate action trigger named "Boss Warning" right next to the blinking lights before one of the bosses.)

Alright then, I shall add that in since the corridor to the boss is pretty small. We'll then go from there with more changes if any.

Here it is.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by darthkev : 25 September 2009 - 02:59 PM

Yep. It's "Boss Warning". Whew! I've never seen heat like this on the web boards before... :huh:
Lamkin, I have to say, I absolutely love your emoticons.

Darthkev, I'll try and find the time to play your level. πŸ™‚ I completely agree with Kasofa that you should remember that here on the web board we (especially Lamkin) aren't complaining about the mistakes in your level, just trying to help. Will post comments after I play it.

Klublex

Especially Lamkin , he'd never complain about anything πŸ˜„

/sarcasm

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 17 October 2009 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (Kasofa1 @ Oct 17 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Especially Lamkin , he'd never complain about anything πŸ˜„

/sarcasm

Hmm...
Now where did I put that one smiley? Oh, here it is...

Gravedig!

Sorry I haven't been here in a long while... well, I've been here as in the boards in general, but not on this part, the Sketchfighter part. To tell you the truth, I got kinda bored with SKF and realized I wasn't working on my EVN TC enough. I don't even remember where the second map I made is anymore.

Nevertheless, I'm back. I won't be making any maps for a while, just testing other maps you guys make. Also, Lamkin, how do you get those emoticons?

@darthkev, on 19 February 2010 - 02:59 AM, said in darthkev's First Sketchmap:

Also, Lamkin, how do you get those emoticons?

I drag and drop them onto my desktop from another forum I belong to (http://forum.caravelgames.com/) and then upload them (and link to them here) using QuickShareIt. I started using them because they have the same style/look as the ones on this board.
Posted Image←This one's my favorite.

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 22 January 2011 - 09:55 AM