The Coral Reef

possibly the most awesome level EVER! (or at least close to)

A miraculous new environment has been discovered by the Sketch Squad! They have sent down a team to investigate, Sketch included. Some amazing life forms have been sighted, with some never-before seen creatures like the octopus, sea urchin, and giant squid! But the investigation crew can't stay too long, there's not enough oxygen down in the coral reef for them, and the hurry to get back to the surface, Sketch is left behind! You must help him find away out, but before he can, he must adventure throughout the whole reef. Will he ever make to the surface, even with your help? Packed with bunches of new creations and amazing scenery, foolproof and free of mistakes, and with an epic size of 440 kb, this level is sure to be a highlight in your Sketchfighter adventures. My record time is 18:36, but a first-time exploration would take about 40 minutes I expect.

And yes, all you people who played Return of the Pen, it has been completely and thoroughly beta-tested, so no worries there. 🙂
Below is the Coral Reef Bestiary which I copy-pasted from the ReadMe I made. It helps a lot, and is a good read, I'd say, so I recommend you take a look at it.

Well, what else to say? Comments and questions welcome! Enjoy!

Klublex

The Coral Reef Bestiary:

• Bunch Coral- Friendly and harmless, this can, however, be a blockade to your destination as it tends to grow over tight spaces and passageways. You can often destroy it by shooting it's small green blooms.

• Stalk Coral- This is a more dangerous type of coral, hinted by it's bright red stalks waving around. It catches it's prey by stretching out it's lengthy stalks and stabbing it. Be careful around this type! Often grows off Bunch Coral.

• Brain Coral- Claimed to be the deadliest of all corals, Brain Coral is also very rare. A long, black, winding stalk ends with a club-like seed with many hairs. It shoots out poisonous red dots and is vulnerable only at the stem.

• Flipperfish- These lightning-quick fish speed along and shoot at you. Watch out!

• Water Cuties- This is a subspecies of the Ice Cave cuties which are pleasant and peaceful until they are attacked. Be careful not to mix up these with Flipperfish!

• Glowfish- These small yellow blobs thrive especially in trenches, where their unique glow turns out to be very useful. These are found with a different script in the Subreef tunnels than in the Main Reef.

• Seaweed- Tangles of seaweed block many passageways, but are completely harmless and give you health when destroyed.

• Kelp- Though it often gets in the way, this seabed plant harbors many animals, especially Sea Turtles and Sea Urchins.

• Starfish- Usually found in small coves or lagoons, these creatures shift slowly around and appear harmless. They have a hidden weapon, though. If you get too near, they will explode! You may think they're finished off when you freeze them, but their surprise attack still works, so be careful!

• Crabs- Shooting out many red pellets and targeting you, these solitary rock-dwellers can be quite a nuisance. Aim for their tiny heads to destroy them.

• Sea Urchins- Watch out for these spiky purple spheres, for they can be quite lethal: They explode if you come to near! Some call them "Kelp Bombs" because they always seem to hang around a friendly bit of Kelp, waiting for prey.

• Sea Turtles- Peaceful green turtles that swish their tails and wander around Kelp but have a spiky defense when they sense danger.

• Electrode Eels- Unique especially are these creatures because of their ability to change from solid-state to enemy and back again in less than a second. If you destroy these when they aren't electrified, they give you health. Careful, though, because one zap can put you down a quarter of your health!

• Plankton Urchins- These spiky green balls float around, looking for passing plankton to catch. Try to avoid them!

• Octopi- These deadly sea monsters swim around or hide in the shadows, looking for prey. Unfortunately, you're the perfect size. Their sudden attack comes with a lethal side effect: their target point changes! (Shoot the upper right)

• Oyster- A single oyster lies near the bottom of the dark Mariana trench. If you shoot it's gleaming pearl, an underwater door is opened!

• Death Shark- These dangerous sharks are very aggressive and have an excellent weapon: (for the shark, at least) Some of their "scales" slide off and attack you!

• Death Shark Scales- The Death Sharks are some of the most ancient reef creatures, and every year or so, they should a few scales. These drift to the walls of the reef, and linger there. But they still have venom in them, enough to destroy you with one touch, so keep an eye out for them!

• The Black Barnacle- This black giant has a similar history as the King Crab; the strange environment of the dark Mariana Trench bottom has, over ages, turned this small barnacle to a deadly giant! It's dead-fish servants prove to be formidable foes, and it's only weak point is to shoot through to it's heart from the top. Don't come too close, though, or you'll be grabbed by it's purple "feet". Here's a hint: If you stop once you've come into the Boss room, the dead-fish servants won't see you and defeating this Boss will be easy.

• The Giant Squid- Probably your most tremendous enemy in the whole reef, the Giant Squid features many massive and stretching black tentacles, two enormous tracking eyes, and a triple skull turret fire. The black Boss appears to have no weak points, but if you aim to the sides of the eyes, or between them, a red X flashes. That's it's heart that you are destroying. You must act quickly to defeat this Boss, because, like the Heart of the Forest, it is a learning Boss. At first, the tentacle stretch is not a problem, because they are at the back, but with every stretch, the tentacles start to turn toward the front to block your way.

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Klublex : 22 June 2009 - 09:11 AM

Beautiful! I couldn't quite make it through, but, wow! Wonderful level Klublex.

QUOTE (Odie @ Jun 22 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Beautiful! I couldn't quite make it through, but, wow! Wonderful level Klublex.

I'll have to quote that. 😉

Feel free 😉

Have you made it all the way through, yet, Odie? You can post your times here.

Anyone, anyone else interested? Lamkin? Kasofa? Sidepipe? Silverwind? 😞

Oh well,
Klublex

Hi there, I don't have time at the moment to check it out, but your descriptions of the creatures sound wonderful!
I hope to try it really soon!

-K

Whew...I finally finished this. (Don't ask me what my time was.) 😊
Very nice! I especially liked the ending.

No, I'm still stuck. Klublex, there is a problem with The Black Barnacle. You can kill it without going through the door.

QUOTE (Odie @ Jun 24 2009, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I'm still stuck. Klublex, there is a problem with The Black Barnacle. You can kill it without going through the door.

Yeah, I know. 😊
So, you guys, I'm just wondering, is Return of the Pen ready for the add-ons page?

Klublex

No. It crashes every time I get to the first regenerating save zone. <_<

QUOTE (Odie @ Jun 25 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. It crashes every time I get to the first regenerating save zone. <_<

Well, since it works fine on some computers but not others, I don't think that's a problem with the level. To the add-ons it goes! 🙂

Klublex

Well, okay, good luck! 😛

I finally beat it! 😄
And it ONLY took me 51 minutes and 36 seconds. And I ONLY looked in the editor twice. Still, I beat it 😄 😄 😄

I will as soon as I get to playing SF4K
(tomorrow's my last day of school!)

QUOTE (Sidepipe @ Jun 30 2009, 04:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will as soon as I get to playing SF4K
(tomorrow's my last day of school!)

You're still in school!? Whew! I've been out of school for weeks...I just came back from a camping trip.
Odie, I'm glad you beat it. I hope you enjoyed it....

Klublex 🙂 🆒

Well, i'm on another continent...
but NOW I'm out for 6 weeks! ^_^
btw great level! It awakened my SKF editing "passion";)

This post has been edited by Sidepipe : 01 July 2009 - 04:49 AM

QUOTE (Sidepipe @ Jul 1 2009, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, i'm on another continent...
but NOW I'm out for 6 weeks! ^_^
btw great level! It awakened my SKF editing "passion";)

Great! 🙂

Klublex

Okay, well, on the addons page it goes! :heythere:

Klublex