SketchFighter Academy

"What? A new map by Silverwind? Booo! Get off the stage!"

Yes, it's true. I'm actually attempting to use the editor for more than cheating at your levels. I'm working on a set of maps that'll test your skills as a SketchFighter and give you an appropriate grade. School basically, but in a fun way. 😄 The idea of a SketchFighter academy has been around since Dogbert made a reference to one existing in his Abandoned Factory map, one of the earliest maps to be submitted to the Add Ons page. I believe further passing references were made to it by the original and possibly various authors in later maps, but the idea was never given intensive detail. Soon however, you may all bask in the untainted glory of: SketchFighter Academy!

The course will comprise of 3 grades per subject (possibly more in a revised version) with 3 lessons per grade as well as an exam. I have 2 subjects so far (Combat Training and Flight Training) which means there'll be a minimum of 24 maps, 11 of which are already complete and playable. Knowing how seldom my free time is and how when I have it I rarely spend it in front of the editor, I doubt if this project will be finished anytime soon, but hopefully it'll be out before Christmas.

If anyone has any subject suggestions make sure to speak up. 🙂

Sounds great!!
Subject Ideas:

• Flying Skills

• Surviving with Low Health

If you want, I could submit levels that have to do with the subjects listed above.

Sound really cool! The Cathedral of Chaos and Epic of Sketch are just about my two favorite levels, I glad to see you back on the editor.

I don't have any subject ideas, but it sounds like a really neat idea!

P.S. thanks for being willing to do a part in Mini Multi-Sketch!

Klublex

@sidepipe, on Oct 20 2008, 06:37 PM, said in SketchFighter Academy:

Sounds great!!
Subject Ideas:

• Flying Skills

• Surviving with Low Health

Thanks, I'll be sure to cover those in Combat and Flight training. 🙂

@sidepipe, on Oct 20 2008, 06:37 PM, said in SketchFighter Academy:

If you want, I could submit levels that have to do with the subjects listed above.

Sure, that'd be cool. I might not use them in the course because I'm working with templates to keep uniformity, but it'd be cool to play them.

@klublex, on Oct 21 2008, 12:35 AM, said in SketchFighter Academy:

Sound really cool! The Cathedral of Chaos and Epic of Sketch are just about my two favorite levels, I glad to see you back on the editor.

Ah, glad to hear they still make a good game even after all this time. I think it's been over a year and a half since I made TCoC.

@klublex, on Oct 21 2008, 12:35 AM, said in SketchFighter Academy:

P.S. thanks for being willing to do a part in Mini Multi-Sketch!

No problem. 🙂

This sounds like a really cool project, Silverwind!
I can't think of any suggestions at the moment, but if I can, I will post them here.
I hope this lives up to expectations!

-K

Kudos to Dogbert, as it's perhaps the coolest idea I've ever heard of for SketchFighter; and much thanks to the talented Silverwind, of course, for fleshing out the concept.
I'm just wondering, however, if it might be difficult to arrive at a consensus of opinion on exactly what score would constitute an A, B, or C.

I must say, this sounds like a great idea, let's keep it going! Lost ideas like this must be brought back to the front.

🙂 Klublex