The Great Pumpkin

@klublex, on Oct 24 2008, 05:20 PM, said in The Great Pumpkin:

Wow, Lamkin, this must have taken years! (at least it would for me) Astounding detail.
Comments:
Lava Blobs took me a long time to beat (but that's okay)
You can get in to the

Spoiler

black cat

and out past the wall, letting you get into any of the nearby areas.
I don't think that is supposed to happen.
Also, the pumpkins nose and such can be destroyed by the wave.

Very cool,
Klublex

• It didn't take nearly as much time for me to finish this one as it had for the previous two levels, although it has more detail than anything I've worked on so far.

• Lava blobs are your friends.

• I'll fix the cat (so to speak).

• I'll fix the pumpkin as well.

Thanks, Klublex. 🙂

The bugs which Klublex had mentioned have been fixed, so download the level again from the first post if you wish. However, there is still one small little bug which is awfully annoying:
Even if all enemies are cleared from the level, there still is occasionally a repetitive shooting noise that I can't find the cause of...
(If this happens, just, um, die and revert back to your last save and it should fix the problem.) :mad:
On a side note, I would have placed more enemies in the level (in general), but I thought it was a good idea not to have too many located really close to the various sprite-intensive areas (e.g., next to the cat, headstone, or spiderweb).

Ha! The irony! The irony! I'm dieing from laughter right now.
well, not really, but it is funny that you 13th level is in/about October, what with 13 being to most unlucky (not really) number.
I still have yet to play the actual level, but I have high expectations for this!

-K

Don't EVER put lava blobs in great number! ever!!!!!
one lava blob=three lava blobs and they just keep multiplying.
I would recommend taking out a large number of enemies, because I can't get anywhere.
Other than that, it was a cool level.

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 25 October 2008 - 01:01 PM

Good level, just a creepy music is missing. 😉 The lava blobs were indeed annoying, but feasible.

@kasofa1, on Oct 25 2008, 09:24 AM, said in The Great Pumpkin:

Ha! The irony! The irony! I'm dieing from laughter right now.
well, not really, but it is funny that you 13th level is in/about October, what with 13 being to most unlucky (not really) number.
I still have yet to play the actual level, but I have high expectations for this!

-K

Don't EVER put lava blobs in great number! ever!!!!!
one lava blob=three lava blobs and they just keep multiplying.
I would recommend taking out a large number of enemies, because I can't get anywhere.
Other than that, it was a cool level.

-K

I'm posting from school right before class, so I have to make this short...
Sorry you think it's too difficult. Lava blobs...Hmm...Use missiles (in general) if you have them, or you can attempt to go around them to get to something that might help you to more easily dispense with the blobs.
Also, I had noticed about the 13th. 😉

@lamkin, on Oct 24 2008, 09:06 PM, said in The Great Pumpkin:

Even if all enemies are cleared from the level, there still is occasionally a repetitive shooting noise that I can't find the cause of...

Hmm...I'm quoting myself again. :blink:
Anyway, I'm almost positive that the aforementioned shooting noise is caused when a few BigBlobs merge and are somehow instantly obliterated. I think SketchFighter then thinks that a blob still exists only as far as the audio is concerned.

On a side note, rating any of my levels 100 seems to be the "kiss of death," as someone almost always immediately follows that up with a very low rating (seemingly out of pure spite). :(;)

The pumpkin's left eye can be destroyed by waves. Otherwise, very, very (1 hour later...) very good. And the lag was aparrently the number of pellets onscreen.

@sidepipe, on Nov 3 2008, 12:43 PM, said in The Great Pumpkin:

The pumpkin's left eye can be destroyed by waves. Otherwise, very, very (1 hour later...) very good. And the lag was aparrently the number of pellets onscreen.

How's this for a rapid response?! 😛
Thanks for the kind comments, Sidepipe. (Dang! I thought I'd fixed the eyes. :mad: )

I liked the level, but I can't get past the dang blobs, so I stopped trying...😊
well, aside from that, I like the concept a lot!

-K

@kasofa1, on Nov 4 2008, 10:09 AM, said in The Great Pumpkin:

I liked the level, but I can't get past the dang blobs, so I stopped trying...😊
well, aside from that, I like the concept a lot!

-K

I will post a slightly modified version of the level (i.e., sans some blobs) later on tonight. 🙂

Sorry that took so long. Here is version 1.1 with fewer blobs...

(Edit: I've been playing World of Goo way too much lately. ;))

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 06 November 2008 - 02:08 PM

Oh dear, that sounds serious. 😉
just went and looked, and that game looks extremely addictive. Only one problem, I am one of the, like, four guys in the US who doesn't have a Wii/computer that could run it. 😞
Have you tried Radioactive City yet?
And no, in response to what you said a while ago, you make way more levels than I do.

-K

Edit: 199th post!

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 06 November 2008 - 03:39 PM