Special Characters

Version 1.1.0 Editor question

I'd like to insert text with a different font than the default two available in the previous editor...Can I do this by using the Character Palette after having selected Special Characters? It would appear so, but I'm not at all sure exactly how to accomplish that.
:huh:

Lamkin

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 31 August 2008 - 02:49 PM

I haven't had any luck with doing that either, although there is 3 different fonts, not two. (Extra 1: 0,1, and 2) 🙂

Klublex

@klublex, on Aug 31 2008, 02:17 PM, said in Special Characters:

I haven't had any luck with doing that either, although there is 3 different fonts, not two. (Extra 1: 0,1, and 2) 🙂

Klublex

I think the first two Extra1 values are for the same font, they're just at different sizes. Thanks for the response...

@zacha-pedro, on Jul 30 2008, 02:34 PM, said in Ambrosia Software, Inc. Updates Sketchfighter 4000 Alpha:

By the way, I hear you wondering "1.1.0? what is so new in that one?"; well, I'll let the release notes speak for themselves:

(code)SketchFighter notes
-------------------

Revision history:
Version 1.1.0:

Editor:

-- Some fixes to text sprite editing.

I'm wondering what these fixes were, as I'm still trying to use the Character Palette in a new level. It'd be a glaring error if it were included in the editor accidently, so there has to be some way for it to work, correct? 😉

Lamkin

sometimes when I'm editing a level, I'll put in a text sprite, and it'll have a Chinese character in the box, but it won't show up in the game itself.
I haven't tried putting one in manually though.

Don't know.
-K

Just a quick update from Zacha himself...He basically says special characters, fonts, etc., can't be used. 😞