Prison Break

Calling all beta-testers!

Here is an old level that I made a long time ago. I don't think that this level is suitable for the add-ons page, but maybe if some of the problems were fixed and it was a little less scrappy (in detail and such) it could be. 🙂 Part of it is similiar to Pi's Forest Map 2, but I made this level way before that. 😉 Any comments would be very helpful. Although the level is completely finished and quite playable, it is one of my first level's, so don't expect much.

Attached File Prison_Escape.zip (39.21K)
Number of downloads: 10

Thanks,
Klublex

This post has been edited by Klublex : 10 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

Klublex,
I really quite like this level, and I don't think it would take too much time to clean it up.
On a side note, I'm currently unable to get the super pellets... (They only show up in the editor and not in the actual game.)
Lamkin

@lamkin, on Aug 10 2008, 08:28 PM, said in Prison Break:

Klublex,
I really quite like this level, and I don't think it would take too much time to clean it up.
On a side note, I'm currently unable to get the super pellets... (They only show up in the editor and not in the actual game.)
Lamkin

Thanks for the comments, Lamkin. Did you manage to finish the level? I'll fix the super pellets right now. 🙂

Klublex

EDIT: Now that I remember, that's actually how ithe super pellets are supposed to be. 🙂 The idea of that storeroom is that you can't shoot anything. All of the explode boxes are extra-two linked to the super pellets, so if one of the boxes is destroyed, so is your super pellets. 😉 You have to maneuver around the mines and make it to the bouncy pellets without shooting to get them. Hope this works for you. 🙂

This post has been edited by Klublex : 11 August 2008 - 10:02 AM

Heh, Cool level Klub! There is one nice thing about a slow computer: it allows you to fly through some small Force fields (And sometimes even super force fields) 🙂
It's cool, but the Wave-Fighters will insta-crash your computer and make SKF4KA quit instantly. (It has something to do with them being enemy type sprite with an extra1 value of 1) Because they aren't solid in any state, your fighter will fly right through them.
Maybe a glitch on your part, maybe intentional.

Looks Great!
-K

@kasofa1, on Aug 11 2008, 11:53 AM, said in Prison Break:

It's cool, but the Wave-Fighters will insta-crash your computer and make SKF4KA quit instantly. (It has something to do with them being enemy type sprite with an extra1 value of 1) Because they aren't solid in any state, your fighter will fly right through them.
Maybe a glitch on your part, maybe intentional.

Looks Great!
-K

That is intentional that you fly through them, although I am sorry to hear that they made your computer crash. 😞 (They never do with mine) If this level ever goes on the add-ons page I'll delete those. (and the dumb skull turret bug things that I worked for days on and never got them right. ;))

Thanks for the comments,
Klublex

The thing about the 'bug' scripts is that when you choose an object for it to be, it takes the one after it and switches between them.
about the fighters, I really don't understand it, I have done the same thing, where I have the wave bullet object set as enemy, I then run into it, and it crashes. Edwards documented this in his 'weapon specific switches' level that he made. If you want I can PM it to you.
Yay! Feedback!

-K

I've found that problem with the wave-fighters before too. I think it's something to do with the objects that the default is on player solid state, because in an earlier level I had made a player bullet some enemy. I had given it solid state Enemy and programmed it to do an enemy script, but it was still non-solid to the player. :unsure: Anyway, thanks for the comments!

Klublex 🙂

EDIT: I'll think I'll download the Weapon Specific Switches right now! I'm thinking it could be quite helpful!

This post has been edited by Klublex : 13 August 2008 - 11:41 AM

I see now what you're saying about the super pellets, Klublex. I had thought that you weren't supposed to shoot or trigger any of the mines in that one room, but I had totally missed spotting the pellets in the first place, so I hadn't seen them disappear when one of the mines exploded.
Anyway, this is definitely one of my favorite levels.

Lamkin

I detonated most of the mines and still got the super pellets...

@jacabyte, on Aug 16 2008, 01:34 PM, said in Prison Break:

I detonated most of the mines and still got the super pellets...

Jaca,
Perhaps it's because you have a rigged ship or computer (which is also the real reason why you have the top SketchFighter score). 😉 🙂

Lamkin

No, I worked hard for that score. Don't believe me? Look at all the scores I made prior to my final one.

Besides, I did once get to the super pellets only to find that they weren't there. I think it has something to do with an explosive box that goes off if you get near a mine at the beginning of the room.

@jacabyte, on Aug 16 2008, 06:27 PM, said in Prison Break:

No, I worked hard for that score. Don't believe me? Look at all the scores I made prior to my final one.

Besides, I did once get to the super pellets only to find that they weren't there. I think it has something to do with an explosive box that goes off if you get near a mine at the beginning of the room.

Jaca,
I'm not a big fan of emoticons, but I do try and use them to show when I am teasing...I love to tease, and I was honestly merely joking with and teasing you (about your score, etc.), so please do not take offense. I apologize if the remark came off as sounding nasty or sarcastic, as that was not my intention. 🙂

Regarding the level, I finally figured the room out (with the mines). Basically, the player needs to be careful about the choice of gun color when in that particular room.
Also, those waves made SketchFighter quit unexpectedly for me, too.

Lamkin

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 17 August 2008 - 07:07 AM

Sorry about not posting for a while, (on vacation without internet :mad: ) but if it would be helpful, here is an update to the level in which I have replaced the wave fighters with something way cooler. 🙂 About the storage room with the explode boxes and mines, I'm really not sure how it works (Sorry, but I made this level like 6 months ago 😊 )

Attached File Prison_Escape.zip (39.59K)
Number of downloads: 3

Thanks for the comments,
Klublex

I love the replacement for the waves. Just clean up some background issues and upload the level, I'd say...
None of the explode boxes can be destroyed (in order to get the pellets), as you had said earlier. (And I don't think gun color does matter, actually.)
Awesome level, Klublex. 🙂

Lamkin

Wow, thanks, Lamkin. I agree that the background needs a little work, but hopefully it will be on the add-ons page soon!

🙂 Klublex

Oh, Goodie! It's on the add-ons page!
🙂 🙂 🙂

@klublex, on Aug 26 2008, 09:03 AM, said in Prison Break:

Oh, Goodie! It's on the add-ons page!
🙂 🙂 🙂

It seems to have a fairly high rating, too. (I wonder who did that?) 😉

Lamkin