Weird Glitch

please help...

In my newest level Hidden Enemies, I have made a boss that is a spider. After you defeat the outer shield, you're supposed to defeat the spider, but every time I give the spider any hit points other than zero, (indestructible) the boss automatically just keeps going straight down or to the side and through the wall so I can't reach it. 😞 :unsure: Also, the spider's jump mode doesn't work, it goes into jump mode but can't go anywhere. 😞

Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix it??
It would be really helpful.

Klublex

Klublex,
I'm not really very good at "diagnosing" technical problems in level design, but perhaps if you'd upload the level I could more easily help. (I think I have more time on my hands than most.) 🙂
Lamkin

Alright, I'll put it on tomorrow, when I have more time. Would you like the boss to have health so that the glitch happens, or be indestructible so that it doesn't happen?

Klublex

This happened to me with the first miniboss in radioactive city, it would move twice as far as it was supposed to, then fly through a wall and leave.
I don't know how to fix though.

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 21 August 2008 - 09:25 PM

You could post either one, as I could always add or take away health to the boss in the level you upload, I suppose.
Lamkin

The Boss is actually a

Spoiler

flying saucer and inside is the "King Spidacron".

Please don't look at the rest of the level yet, as I would like that to be more of a surprise. I gave you guys most of the weapons to make it easier, and I am planning to add more after this glitch is figured out. So you can get right to the point, I'll tell you that you must shoot the

Spoiler

green pipes on the corners

to make the shields disappear, and you must shoot the top part to destroy the spaceship, even though it won't turn red. 🙂

Attached File Hidden_Enemies.zip (24.45K)
Number of downloads: 3

Thanks for helping,

Klublex

This post has been edited by Klublex : 22 August 2008 - 03:08 PM

@kasofa1, on Aug 21 2008, 07:24 PM, said in Weird Glitch:

This happened to me with the first miniboss in radioactive city, it would move twice as far as it was supposed to, then fly through a wall and leave.
I don't know how to fix though.

-K

How was it fixed?? :huh: It seemed to work fine in the version I played.
Klublex

I deleted it... sheepish look
then I made the one I have now, which is way cooler.
I don't know how to prevent the glitch though.
Sorry
-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 23 August 2008 - 06:37 PM