Sketchtopian War 1.0 (preview)

Lamkin level (early) playable preview...

This concept just came to me...There is a war raging in Sketchtopia. (Isn't there always?) So far, I have created a disguised save station, and a bunker with a hidden weakness. This one will have a ton of enemies and explosives, etc., for obvious reasons. I'm going to make an ammunition compound, too (i.e., no scattered missiles). Please keep in mind I've only just begun to work on this.
Lamkin

:wub: Check back every now and then for updates...
(Update #1: Level updated. I made the "bricks" look a bit more like real bricks. Okay, so there are some "bricks" in the level. I'll make sure there aren't too many.) 😉
(Update #2: I made most of the walls Enemy (3), which will make things tougher for you.)
(Update #3: Made a river and a bridge, which will not be that easy to cross in the final version. Plus, there will be several of these.)
(Update #4: The bridge is now not so easy to cross. (A hint is to use those missiles!) Added a couple of unmanned (as of now) towers, along with a couple of gates.)
(Update #5: Made a beach, which is where the player will start. The ammo dump will come next.
(Update #6: I changed the lame name of the level to a sillier one: Full Cardboard Jacket. I added the ammo dump. So, an airstrip, along with the rest of the enemies, are all that's left to complete the level. (It should be done by tomorrow.)
(Update #7: Last update. Finished the level for those with a much slower (i.e., less than my 700MHz iMac) computer.)

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 01 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

Sounds tricky! I've just downloaded it. I'll post again after I play it. 🙂

Klublex

Alright, I've played it. Clever house and brick thing. 😉 Hope to see more!

Klublex

I've also downloaded it - this should be interesting.

I downloaded it too. It is pretty interesting...

Daaaaaaang.......
Choking noises
Can't Breath....
thud

Awesome little thing you've got going here, I like it! it will be very awesome with many win when you finish it!

Just "bumping up" the topic so it doesn't get forgotten about 😞 , as I've made much progress.
(See the first post in this topic for the download.)

Also...must...win...battle of...number of...posts with...Kasofa. (I'm fairly certain you'll pass me up soon.) 😉

Lamkin

I wish I could change the title of the post...
Anyway, there's a new name for this level, as the old one was terrible. It's called Full Cardboard Jacket.
It should be ready to go by the weekend.

Lamkin

I think you can change the topic title by editing your original post.

Yay! It might be finished by the weekend! 🙂
And I do believe SW is correct, by editing the main post, you might be able to change the topic name

Hee hee hee hee...
-K

@kasofa1, on Aug 1 2008, 07:42 AM, said in Sketchtopian War 1.0 (preview):

I do believe SW is correct, by editing the main post, you might be able to change the topic name

I tried that (a few times) and it didn't work. Yes, you can edit the text, but the topic doesn't actually change when you submit the edited post. 😞

Lamkin

hmmmmm, I don't know then, oh well, you could start a new topic with the level download when you have the finished version (because this is the "preview" topic you make for lots of levels). Maybe all of these answers are unsatisfactory to you, and maybe Lord Lamkin (ruler of Strange Concept Ideas) will come up with better ideas.

RollingOnTheFloorLaughinOutLoud
-K

Bumped because this is the last update before it's finished. Comments? Suggestions? Anyone? Bueller?

Lamkin

Wow, that's one of the awesomest levels I've seen yet! The shading and texture on bridges and turret bunkers is absolutely stunning! Very nice Lam, hold your chin high at the thought that you're making many dead monkey pirates turn in their graves. 😄

@lamkin, on Aug 1 2008, 08:40 PM, said in Sketchtopian War 1.0 (preview):

Bueller?

Hehe... I bet I'm one of the few who gets that.

@silverwind, on Aug 1 2008, 01:23 PM, said in Sketchtopian War 1.0 (preview):

Wow, that's one of the awesomest levels I've seen yet! The shading and texture on bridges and turret bunkers is absolutely stunning! Very nice Lam, hold your chin high at the thought that you're making many dead monkey pirates turn in their graves. 😄
Hehe... I bet I'm one of the few who gets that.

Do dead monkeys pirates actually have graves, or are they just buried at sea? (Something to ponder.) Thanks for the compliment, Silverwind. The whole concept for the level came out of an idea to make a save station resemble a first aid tent. I like how the bridges turned out, and it seems Lars stole that one directly from me. (Yeah, right.) 😉

Also, kudos for getting the quote. 🙂

Lamkin

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 01 August 2008 - 03:44 PM