Editor Pic

What with all the pictures being drawn in the editor these days, I thought I'd join in by drawing one of the character's from my latest RPG:

Posted Image

The colors aren't exactly right, but it's near enough.

The picture looks awesome, Silverwind. To me, drawing something that has to have that pixelated look is more difficult than completing a regular drawing. That's why I always thought that realistic OS 9 icons were so much harder to create. (I was going to design a retro replica Pac Man level for SketchFighter, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to make it so Pac Man and the ghosts were pixelated.) Anyway, nice picture. I'd love to play the game it comes from.
🙂
Lamkin

@lamkin, on Jul 24 2008, 08:06 PM, said in Editor Pic:

The picture looks awesome, Silverwind. To me, drawing something that has to have that pixelated look is more difficult than completing a regular drawing.

Until I got into game design I thought the same. I've been drawing cartoons for years, but pixel art requires a completely different skill due to the tiny workspace. But, as with anything else you get better with practice, and I'm practicing allot. 🙂

@lamkin, on Jul 24 2008, 08:06 PM, said in Editor Pic:

I'd love to play the game it comes from.
🙂

Oh indeed! Well, here's a link: http://www.roguesoft.co.uk/Games.html

It was developed on a really old platform, (originally designed for OS7 😄 ) so the game window is unfortunately small.

Absolutely fantastic game, Silverwind. (I'm currently stuck in one particular spot...) I was happy to know it ran in OS X, as I had misunderstood and thought I had needed OS 7 or OS 9 in order to play it.
Lamkin

looks great, but I still can't get the game to work 😞
oh well. well, still looks good. (can't figure out for the life of me how to end this)

-K

@kasofa1, on Jul 30 2008, 07:29 AM, said in Editor Pic:

looks great, but I still can't get the game to work 😞

-K

Just a guess, but will it not work because of a broken alias? (That was my problem, as the game itself was in the Resources folder.)
Lamkin

@lamkin, on Jul 30 2008, 12:46 PM, said in Editor Pic:

Just a guess, but will it not work because of a broken alias? (That was my problem, as the game itself was in the Resources folder.)
Lamkin

Nope. What my problem is is that the game itself is an unopenable preview doc
and the alias is an empty TextEdit file :laugh:
I wish I could play it, cuz I really like games like that, (such as cythera) but it doesn't seem to want to work on my machine, so I guess I'm not going to be playing it. Oh well!

-K

I've updated the download link with a slightly improved compression setting. It might work now.