WOAH!

Strange editor happenings

i found something rather annoying. When I place a switch and keep the name as "Sprite", then don't change anything, and then save, open SKF4KA, play my new cunstom level with the switch in it, and then shoot the switch with the red gun. EVERYTHING in culling range goes black, but stays solid, my ship then becomes unsolid, and anything (like shields, or the beam "pincher" looking thing that appears on the ships nose when you shoot the beam.) will turn black and unsolid and attach to your ship and stay there. any child sprites will instantly kill the ship.

Kasofa, I'm assuming you want to have the red switch turn off and act as if it had been shot, but just not affect anything. If that is the case, I'd simply attempt to name the switch in question something specific like Switch1 (or whatever). I think the problem here is with having the switch named "Sprite," even though you didn't name it that and it was simply the default name. Then, simply give the red switch an Extra1 value of two (for your red gun), and the Extra2 value can be zero. However, if you don't want the swich to turn off, just make sure both the Extra1 and Extra2 values are set to zero. Post again if I'm missing the point.
🙂

Lamkin

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 16 July 2008 - 09:22 PM

@lamkin, on Jul 16 2008, 09:20 PM, said in WOAH!:

Kasofa, I'm assuming you want to have the red switch turn off and act as if it had been shot, but just not affect anything. If that is the case, I'd simply attempt to name the switch in question something specific like Switch1 (or whatever). I think the problem here is with having the switch named "Sprite," even though you didn't name it that and it was simply the default name. Then, simply give the red switch an Extra1 value of two (for your red gun), and the Extra2 value can be zero. However, if you don't want the swich to turn off, just make sure both the Extra1 and Extra2 values are set to zero. Post again if I'm missing the point.
🙂

Lamkin

I just found this bug whilst making my Epic, it was kinda cool actually
I'm not saying i need to fix it, I'm just stating a found this really cool glitch.
and the wall stay solid, which is really cool...

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 16 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

Oh, since you had used the word "annoying," I had assumed you were needing some help, although I initially thought that you could turn that "bug" into a cool level.
🙂

Lamkin

I'm pretty sure this was discussed before, as I knew about it already. In any case it's not really a glitch, it's expected switch behavior isn't it?

This happened to me too, when I was making Factory Quest. I'm pretty sure that the reason everything turned black (including the background if it wasn't Auto Background) is the because the sprites work the same way as a extra2 link that's solid or non-solid; they turn black.

Klublex

thing is, the only thing that got non solid was my ship :huh:
the only thing that happened was everything in culling ranged turned black, but the only thing that got 'unsolidified' was my ship

-K