Lamkin editor question

Does anyone know if it's possible to make an invisible and not solid door visible and solid (not the other way around, of course, because everyone knows how to do that) after you've just passed it (exactly like, but not counting either Boss or Mini Boss doors)? (I'd like to make quite a few of these, if I could.) I realize Pi did something (quite cool) like this in his ForestMap2 level, but it totally confused me as to how he accomplished that, exactly, even after digging around in his level via the editor.

Lamkin

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 10 July 2008 - 06:55 PM

there is a way to do this, when a sprite is out of culling range, it disappears, therefore, if the parent sprite is out of culling range, it as well as it's children, will disappear. So, to sum it up, if you place the sprites about 7.25 inches apart (I think) it will work.
you can experiment with that some.

Hope this helps!
-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 11 July 2008 - 03:04 PM

Yeah, it's pretty tricky to do that but, as Kasofa1 said, you have to link it to a parent sprite the right length away from it. Because the parent sprite is not in view, the child sprite door will not exist. However, this is really tricky to do, as if you the parent sprite to far the player can just go back and the door will disappear. 😞 One way to make this easier is to put a Super Force Field so that the player cannot go back to the spot where the door disappears. 🙂

Hope that's helpful,
Klublex