Prototype Cruiser?

I recently heard in a discusion in Gameranger that there's a prototype cruiser you can access in Ares using resedit.... Can somebody tell me how to to this? or was whoever said this just full of @#$%?

------------------
ramble on..

Theres a few unused sprites in the rescources such as the Ishiman Schooner, but no comletely new ship, especially not a prototype cruiser.

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could devise it. We will line all our ships up and fly straight at the enemy death cannons therefore clogging them with wreckage.

There's also a sprite for 'Ishiman enhanced carrier' and 'Ishiman Gateship' (it looks exactly like the gateship in the intro, the ship that 'dwarfs' the Apollo)

------------------
I do not suffer from insanity
I enjoy every minute of it

-Cantharan Admiral za'Grom
After the capture of Earth

And Slug....
How do you know this, maybe you got a beta version of hera? Maybe you hacked it? Maybe you've GOT AN ILLEGAL VERSION OF HERA!!!! I dont mean to imply anything though....

------------------
Baku runs around with underwear on his head

I've changed my ways, instead of trashing Slug I'll come to his defence: Baku, if you have a decent amount of Res-Edit knowledge, you can change the Ares scenario files and make some other ship appear in the game with the same stats. You could switch the id of the Ishiman cruiser with that of the gateship and there you go. I've poked around in the files with res edit, never had the guts to change stuff though. If Slug knows what he's doing, then he could do almost anything short of import sprites.

------------------
yeah, it's gone
fireworks and blown speakers
strobe lights and hurricanes
i'm not here
this isn't happening
i'm not here

-Radiohead, How to disappear completely (and never be found)

Hey, Slug, do you think that you can edit the "race" file in res edit so that we could go through the game as the Salrillians or something?

------------------
Long Live Apple! Long Live the Mac!

You seem particularly edgy Baku.....
I'm no master of Res-edit but I doubt what you suggest, Macintosh Man, would work.

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could devise it. We will line all our ships up and fly straight at the enemy death cannons therefore clogging them with wreckage.

Actually it would work, and yes you dont know much about ResEdit. All you would have to do is switch the sprite IDs. Its pretty simple really.

You could go through the game LOOKING like salrilians, or like Cantharans even, or whatever, but ships would have the same stats as normal.

------------------
yeah, it's gone
fireworks and blown speakers
strobe lights and hurricanes
i'm not here
this isn't happening
i'm not here

-Radiohead, How to disappear completely (and never be found)

I'm sorry ive been kinda edgy lately.... but recently i was "attacked" on gameranger. The "attacker" changed my password and email address then screwed around and tried to email me a virus. So i wont be on gameranger for a while....
maybe ill get it fixed. Oh yeah, i was poking around with resedit, and ACCIDENTALY erased the ares prefs file, so now i have to beat the game AGAIN and get my scores back up to what they whre. Once again, i apoligize

------------------
Baku runs around with underwear on his head

Originally posted by Nak'goek:
Actually it would work, and yes you dont know much about ResEdit. All you would have to do is switch the sprite IDs. Its pretty simple really.

Actually, Macintosh Man suggested editing the RACE FILE, not the SPRITE FILE so it would appear, before saying I know nothing about res-edit, that you should read a little more carefully.

------------------

Use the priated and much improved version of Res edit called 'Super Res Edit' its now in version 2.13 and includes the forker which opens any resource into ascii

Originally posted by Mr Zero:
Use the priated and much improved version of Res edit called 'Super Res Edit' its now in version 2.13 and includes the forker which opens any resource into ascii

Hmmmmmm, I've heard nothing about this...

------------------

Originally posted by Slug:
**There's also a sprite for 'Ishiman enhanced carrier' and 'Ishiman Gateship' (it looks exactly like the gateship in the intro, the ship that 'dwarfs' the Apollo)

Where can I find this "Ishima enhanced carrier"? I know about the Ishima Gateship, but I didn't know about this enhanced carrier.

------------------