Eeek! A Bug!

Sketchfighter Edition

Recently (as in an hour ago) I finally got Sketchfighter registered for my birthday! All is well and all is fun, going through the various stages blasting what ever may be in my way. Until encountered a buggie during the mini-boss fight (I don't know his name) for the

Spoiler

Factory

. Apparently this cute little guy can go through doors...

http://img396.images...picture1fr6.png (1 MB)

When I reached him, he scared the poo out of me (having encountered one of his brothers on the way to

Spoiler

the super beam upgrade

) and I ran to the opposite end of the room until I could figure out how to beat him. When his attack didn't come, I started looking for him, and found him running down the hall whence I came, but I managed to catch a screenshot of him before he left. This stalled my progress, obviously. He must have gone through that barrier while he was off screen.

I recall reading something about this bug awhile back, with an earlier version of Sketchfighter. Could it be possible that this is the same or a similar bug?

Edit: finally got imageshack to take the image.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 03 July 2008 - 06:54 PM

it is possible that the doors were out of culling range, meaning that he could escape.
I do not know whether or not my theory is correct. Edwards might have more information that he could tell you.

-K

EDIT: oops forgot to say....
Happy Birthday!
and welcome to the SketchFighter4000Alpha forums!

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 03 July 2008 - 07:00 PM

Thanks! But, my birthday was 5 days ago...

Anyway, this is a re-producable bug; I caught the same buggie on the wrong side of a wall, running from me in the same manner. Just so you know, I hate OS X's image capture tool. It never takes a picture when you want it to.

Anyhow, it appears as if it adopts a "cowardly" AI after it has fired its main gun. If the player runs away from it so it goes off screen, it never re-adopts its "aggressive" AI, and continues running from the player until it's outside a wall or a door when the player goes looking for it.