Full Screen Resolution

Using Widescreens

Is widescreen support planned for a future release of SketchFighter or should I wait for the sequel. I've played the demo and my finger is on the buy (well "register" anyway) button.

I don't care so much about native resolution (1680 x 1050, iMac G5), just aspect ratio. Just get rid of the black bars. 1280x800 would be fine! If there's gameplay issues with drawing to a widescreen just put some semi-static image on the edges instead of black bars.

Thanks so much! If widescreen support isn't planned for this SketchFighter I understand and I'll look forward this feature in SketchFighter II. Otherwise please let me know- if widescreen support is coming in a future point release I'll just buy now.

Thanks, Ed

Ok. I decided that hinging my purchase on that feature was a lame idea. I put my money where my mouth is and registered. Hope that gives you a little encouragement to implement my request!

Cheers, Ed

It's been suggested before, but since it hasn't been implemented for SketchFighter 1.0.1, it isn't likely to be brought up again for a while. Believe me, there are plenty of people who'd like it – myself included, as I play on a widescreen MacBook, but it's just not going to be done now.

Well that's ok. I'll count my purchase as an investment in the development of SketchFighter II (with widescreen!)

Cheers, Great Work, Great Games

Well we're up to version 1.0.2...any news on widescreen support?

Well, it's a bit complicated. As you guessed, it's not possible to fill the whole screen for widescreen monitors, either it's stretched (you may notice that the aspect ratio is not exactly the same in 1280*1050, and the proporions are not exactly the same, though it's not that noticeable), or it won't show the same things depending on the mode. Why are you so annoyed by the black bars? Just imagine you don't have any screen estate there. I think it'd look weirder to have a static image (while the actual gameplay screen scrolls and stuff) than black bars.

I should add that the 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 updates were mostly to fix bugs, though Lars managed to add another resolution (12801050) while doing so, which ironically made a whole lot of bugs show up since not all monitors necessarily support this resolution (while virtually all current monitors support 640480, 800600 and 1024768), which in part explains the delay with 1.0.1.

@zacha-pedro, on Apr 9 2007, 03:11 PM, said in Full Screen Resolution:

I should add that the 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 updates were mostly to fix bugs, though Lars managed to add another resolution (12801050) while doing so, which ironically made a whole lot of bugs show up since not all monitors necessarily support this resolution (while virtually all current monitors support 640480, 800600 and 1024768), which in part explains the delay with 1.0.1.

I think you mean 1280x1024, ZP. 😉 1050 pixels high would be if you had 1680 pixels wide. 🙂