I'm having problems getting past level 15 in Ares, called "The Left Hand" . It has to do with capturing a Salrilian base and station in the Thasero system. Do any of you have any suggestions on getting past this level? I'd really like any help for this level.
(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 06-15-2000).)
If I'm not mistaken this mission is the one with Sal. Outpost. Right? The stradigy one of my friends uses is to build a gunship at the begining of the level and nutralize the station with that. If you destroy it with the HVD lots of enamy carriers jump in Ouch!, but not with the gunship.
Take the station and as quickly as possible and build some transports targeted to the Sal. planet. Just befor they arive at the planet jump in with some othe ships, like the carrier and distract the Sal's at the planet. With some luck one of the transports will make it and you win.
The space ships hung in the air much in the same way bricks don't.
Why is it that the more civilized the civilization, the more people they kill?
(This message has been edited by Wikatatakatawata (edited 06-17-2000).)
I can't believe that worked! Whenever I take out the station with anything the carriers jump in. Hmmm
The tactics in the level are pretty rudimentary; build lots of cruisers, and take the station ASAP. The real challenge comes in the way of piloting skills; you're going to need them for the carriers. Just use the same tactics you used for the Sal carrier in 13 and you should be okay.
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.
Actually, Wikatatakatawata is right, all you need to do is kill the station with anything other than the HVD and you're fine.
I always fight the carriers, its just too fun. Just make sure that your carier and the battleship are there to help you.(a gunship or two wouldn't hurt either.)
Long Live Apple! Long Live the Mac!
After I disable the station, I can never seem to keep control of it. Salrilian ships keep coming in and attacking, I can't ward them off quick enough. And also, when I send my gunships over to disabled the station, they never attack the station. There is just to many Sal vessels. So then I have to go in and take out the station all by myself! Would cruisers work better in attacking the station?
I don't know Captain Carnotaur, a cruser probubly dosen't have the fire power to take the station, a group of them may be abel to. To deffend the station I usualy send carrier of battleship to help, or both
Originally posted by Wikatatakatawata:
**I don't know Captain Carnotaur, a cruser probubly dosen't have the fire power to take the station, a group of them may be abel to. To deffend the station I usualy send carrier of battleship to help, or both:D
Thanks for the advice (I'm not being sarcastic)! I'll try it.
To beat chapter 15:
1. Send the Ishimian carrier and Bandanese battleship to the station.
2. While the carrier and battleship are fighting with the station build gunships targeted on the HVD.
3. Once the Salrilians lose the station, send the battleship and carrier to the enemy planet and go there yourself with the HVD and gunships.
4. Destroy the Salrilian forces guarding the planet and babysit it.
5. Build an Assault Transport targeted on the station.
6. Build a Transport targeted on the Salrilian planet.
7. Babysit the planet until the transport lands.
Actually, I finally beat that level using this stratagy:
1. I built 3 cruisers and 1 gunship.
2. I made all my ships escort me.
3. I went directly to the Salrilian planet.
4. After I destroyed all ships near the planet, I went back to my planet with my HVD and 2 cruisers.
5. I made the HVD and 2 cruisers escort a transport I built.
6. I piloted the transport around the Sal station, then put it under computer control, targeted at the planet.
Thats how I beat that level. Thanks for your suggestions anyway! I really appreciated it!