Favorite single-player route

Well, the title says it all, what is the path you use to complete the game? Do you even use one consistently (provided you've done the single-player mission multiple times), or does it vary, or do you have to plan at all and take things as they come, and fetch things only when you realise they are missing?

My path for game completion is detailed in my guide, and by now I know it perfectly (just so you realise, I basically test every single friggin' beta and fc by doing a single-player run, before doing more advanced tests, I must have completed the game dozens of times already), though it does happens at times that I forget a star along the way, and have to backtrack to get it (this has especially happened with the star in the Volcano at the end of that corridor with lava blobs).

I'm not that scientific. I just go for it. When I want something, I go and get it, and never mind the time it takes. Although, with the barrage of huge custom levels that began with the release of 1.01, I've not played the main campaign in a while.

Edit: my last playthrough was in the 50-minute range. I've finished the single-player campaign three times: once on normal, once on hard, and once again on normal.

This post has been edited by cheleball : 17 March 2007 - 06:51 PM