Saving in 1.0.1

How does the method work?

If a Save Zone Ring is placed but not set to the Save Zone Ring script, does it still allow a player to save the game? I'm nearing the end of The Cathedral Of Chaos you see, and I want to add Save Zone Rings, but I only want to allow the player to save once. Seeing as how a Save Zone Ring only reappears when it's script is set to Save Zone Ring, I thought that I could simply not set the script and thus make saving a once off feature. Will this work? Or do you have to have the script to enable saving? :mellow:

If it recharges to full life in 1.0.0, it saves in 1.0.1. So yes, save rings without the save script will save. So you want an effect similar to Harry copying machines and Ferazel's Wand save point, heh? Be careful though, as with everything else, other save rings will be recreated after a save/die/reload cycle, unless you specify otherwise (with an Extra2 for instance). At any rate, you'll have to test with actual 1.0.1 (which will be soon now, really!)

Ah, this pleases me so. ^_^ And I'm even more pleased to hear 1.0.1 will be released soon! :laugh: