Might be too late to suggest such a thing...

About the save station bug in custom maps

I'm still playing the Hard-Start Star Quest. I understand the frustration of not being able to save your game (which is being fixed in the soon to arrive update). However, I just love the fact (in this map and the new Obstacle Course map) Not being able to save. Having to be carefull with not bumping into walls, and when to charge into a boss room, and having to be carefull with each hit taken. I love this. It makes the game so much more interesting. Its such a fun and addicting challange to me, rather than frustration. I guess it all depends on the map. If it is really large, then maybe one or two save stations spaced at large intervals would be good. What I'm basically trying to say, is that adding an option for the save stations. Option one: Normal save station, will save your progress. (what I don't like, is that it makes it to easy to finish one part of a map, then come back to save, then go back, and take each one part at a time. I like just having to recharge shields, makes it for more of a challange!) The second option, would be no save, just recarch shields to their 100% capacity. Anyone else have the same feeling? I certainly dont mind being the oddball, but its also good to know that there are others who have the same view....

(hope I explained myself well, kinda tired at teh moment 😉 )

@-sw--spartan-327, on Feb 2 2007, 09:34 PM, said in Might be too late to suggest such a thing...:

I'm still playing the Hard-Start Star Quest. I understand the frustration of not being able to save your game (which is being fixed in the soon to arrive update). However, I just love the fact (in this map and the new Obstacle Course map) Not being able to save. Having to be carefull with not bumping into walls, and when to charge into a boss room, and having to be carefull with each hit taken. I love this. It makes the game so much more interesting. Its such a fun and addicting challange to me, rather than frustration. I guess it all depends on the map. If it is really large, then maybe one or two save stations spaced at large intervals would be good. What I'm basically trying to say, is that adding an option for the save stations. Option one: Normal save station, will save your progress. (what I don't like, is that it makes it to easy to finish one part of a map, then come back to save, then go back, and take each one part at a time. I like just having to recharge shields, makes it for more of a challange!) The second option, would be no save, just recarch shields to their 100% capacity. Anyone else have the same feeling? I certainly dont mind being the oddball, but its also good to know that there are others who have the same view....

(hope I explained myself well, kinda tired at teh moment 😉 )

Just as you can deside to NOT save in solo stations and just get health, you could do the same in custum levels. However, doing so would be according to what the player wants...

This post has been edited by FireFalcon : 03 February 2007 - 04:34 PM