I can't get past level 12. Help.

Just saying. I don't play Ares very much, but a little. right now I'm totaly stuck on level 12. I can get the Battle Cruiser (or whatever it is), but they just always seem to thrash me. help.
-Gav

------------------
My name is Gavin, and
dont you ever forget
that.
-King and leader of athiesm

School sucks. Doesn't it, JuddAS?-Gav

Easy : just ignore the border drone, attack really early on, concentrate ALL your ships on the tractor moors untill all 3 are destroyed. Then the battleship is released (immediately pilot it): only the battleship can destroy the drone. once the drone is dead and you have the b-ship, it's just downhill fr/ there.

oops! wrong level!

you mean the one with all the bunkers? just remember : ALL ASSAULT TRANSPORTS MUST DIE!! I can't give any specific advice as-of-now.

(that's also the level the Gaitori Isolationalist Interdiction makes it's first appearence)

Whoever you are please stop using my name!!!! I cant register for some reason, but that doesnt mean you can use my name and play as me!! Please please change it for the last time! Thank you.

I have listed some things here that might be helpful. They are arranged depending on how important they are. These ideas are just my opinion.

1.Destroy all assault transports. If the Cantharan Order captures the bunker stations, you've lost.

2.Capture ALL of the flak drones (starting in the very beginning and with the first flak drone), and ALL of the bunker stations (starting with the nearest. Make sure you have the flak drone first! Then move on to the next bunker station, and then finally the last flak drone. And ALWAYS make sure you have at least 3-4 ships at your planet, flak drones, and bunker stations). And NEVER let the enemy have them.

3. Make sure EVERY SINGE transport makes it to the shipyard. If all of them make it, you'll have an Obish Battleship to use.

4. If possible, destroy the Cantharan Cruiser.

These ideas should help you.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 06-14-2000).)

To take level 12, take the near flak drone and Bunker station 1 immediately. take station 2 and the far drone if possible. Protect the cargo ships. Once you get the battleship, guard it with 3-4 cruisers and the rest should be easy.

Percise procedure:

1. Get an engineering pod to the first Flak Drone FAST
  2. Assume that the heading between your planet and bunker station #1 is 0; build a lot of cruisers and send them at a heading of about 25° to intercept the Cantharan ATRs while avoiding the fire from the bunker station.When this is accomplished, leave the fleet where it is
  3. Build an ATR as soon as possible and send it to BS#1. Since it's going to go slow, you will have time to build more ships. Send your new ships to the waiting fleet mentioned above. remember to keep at least three ships around your base at all times.
  4. When you ATR is about 3/4 of the way to BS#1 disable the station and capture it. Assigning three or four ships to guard the station, attack BS#2, which should have been weakend by the Cantharans. (That assult team never survives for some reason).
  5. Immediately build another ATR and Engineering Pod and take BS#2 and FD#2. This is about when you're really going to have to ration your resources, so concentrate on keeping your station guarded, and rely mainly on cruisers.
  6. About the time you capture BS#2 and FD#2 the cargo ships will start arriving. Send a squad of three cruisers led by a gunship to the jump gate; any attacking ships won't go beyond that.
  7. Once you have the Battleship, station it at FD#2 and build a transport for the final attack. The transport will take a long time enabling you to build a BIG fleet. Around the Battleship you should assign at least two squads (1 squad= 1 gunship and 3 cruisers).
  8. When the transport reaches your attack fleet move in for the kill. The Cantharans will be hurting something fierce by this time, and wiping out their ships should be a breeze.

NOTE: In version 1.1.1 enemies won't cluster ships around thier planet when they're losing so huge fleets will not be necessary. But in v1.2.0 the AI is a lot smarter. Fortunately you get hotkey controls in that one so fleet commanding will be easier.

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

(This message has been edited by Sargatanus (edited 06-13-2000).)