I have a big problem with the high scores list

How do they know my real name?

I was taking a look at the High Scores list, and I noticed that, somehow, my real name is listed there. I don't know how this was accomplishe (through the registration info, or from the user name on my computer), but it bugs me. Also, whenever I play online, I have a big problem with disclosing (and not having a choice about it) my current location. You see, I'd rather have a choice of keeping whatever personal info, well, private. Can anyone here help me about this? Should I take this issue directly with Ambrosia?

It defaults to your own name, and you should have changed it from SketchFighter before getting the high score 😉

This is a legitimate concern. As prophile said you can enter a name to be given for the best times list, however indeed you location is determined automatically by your IP address. If this is of concern to you, you should be able to contact Matt Slot to do something about this.

Hmm...that might give me an idea.

@zacha-pedro, on Dec 23 2006, 02:03 AM, said in I have a big problem with the high scores list:

As prophile said you can enter a name to be given for the best times list,

Just curious, having not made the high score list yet (due to not yet having registered) nor playing online - where? Is it the same as entering your username when playing single player?

This post has been edited by Weepul 884 : 23 December 2006 - 01:54 PM

The tracker.

Nope, when you do make a good enough time you're asked explicitely at the end of the game in question for the name you would like this time to be recorder under.

@zacha-pedro, on Dec 23 2006, 05:03 AM, said in I have a big problem with the high scores list:

This is a legitimate concern. As prophile said you can enter a name to be given for the best times list, however indeed you location is determined automatically by your IP address. If this is of concern to you, you should be able to contact Matt Slot to do something about this.

Yes, thank you for pointing that out. I think you are right about being given a choice to enter a name at the end of the game. I might have overreacted a bit. As for the location being automatically displayed, hell, maybe I overreacted there as well. I don't know that it is that big of a deal after alll. I'd be grateful if somebody shuts down this topic 🙂

Your wish is my command.