Options in the full version

Can you turn off the random features?

I like the wargaming aspect of Multiwinia, but I'm turned off by the crates/plagues/etc that happen at random. It really kills the planning and strategy aspect of the game, and makes it more about fast-clicking.

In the demo, the "advanced options" are unavailable-- you can't even see what they are. So, my question is, does the full version give me some control over crate drops? Can I turn them off or reduce their frequency?

Yes actually, you can make the crates give "simple items" only (though admittedly I have no idea what simple items are) and you can increase the amount of time before the crate drop starts and the intervals between crate drops. So in theory, you could turn them off. Even if there isn't an option to do so here, there might be a hack that would do the same, but keep in mind that like all hacks it would be risky and kill the auto-updater.

QUOTE (JacaByte @ Apr 10 2009, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes actually, you can make the crates give "simple items" only (though admittedly I have no idea what simple items are) and you can increase the amount of time before the crate drop starts and the intervals between crate drops. So in theory, you could turn them off. Even if there isn't an option to do so here, there might be a hack that would do the same, but keep in mind that like all hacks it would be risky and kill the auto-updater.

The basic crates option gives you access to basically only those items available in Darwinia---squads, turrets, engineers, armour, airstrikes, and (I think) magical forests. It is also possible to turn crates off entirely by setting the "Crate Drop Period" to zero. There is no need to hack anything.

xander

Thanks for the fast and informative replies!