Plug-In Design:How do I start making a plug-in?

We have prepared a bare bones file called the starter plug-in that will help you when using ResEdit, it has one of each type of resource that can be edited. This starter plug-in can be downloaded from our Web site ( http://www.ambrosiasw.com/Products/Add_Ons.../EV_AddOns.html ). It is in the EV Plug-in Package. If you are using one of the other editors, you may be able to start with a fresh file created by the editor itself.

Next you need to have a good idea of what you intend to do. The more you have pre-planed, the easier working with the editors will be. Have your story lines worked out, and all of your text and graphics prepared. For instance, if you plan to create a new ship, you will need the following:

- a description and some graphics for the shipyard dialog box and schematic
- frames for the sprite's animation during space flight
- values that describe the various aspects of the ship itself

It's a good idea to have all this ready before you start editing your plug-in.

The following "How do I..." questions read like recipes, providing a list of ingredients, a description of what can be done, and step by step instructions on making that specific item. Keep in mind that many things tie together in EV - a ship can be of a certain government, as can a planet or a mission - so organization is very important.

NOTE: Resource ID accuracy is extremely necessary, since a mistakes can cause EV to behave strangely. If you are working in ResEdit, make sure you are using the proper offset method for the specific resource. For further information, consult the EV Bible and the question: "Notes on ResEdit."

are there any editors for windows systems??

Yes, there is, EVNEW.

Notice this place has not been meant for discussion, more like a repository of information, so it is very little checked, if at all (isn't the fact I'm posting that self-contradictory? <_< hmm..). Also, you may have noticed that most of the information here pertains to EVC and EVO (the Mac-only prequels to Nova).

Have a good time making plug-ins, and check the EV Developer's Corner where we plug devers actually live!

P1

Q: (B)How do I start making a plug-in?(b)
A: first go tothe evn pluggin list and look for something called mission computer or nova tools mission computer is better!! java script:emoticon(':rolleyes:')
P2 coming soon java script:emoticon(':mellow:')