Who wants a working copy of Hera?

Ok, now i have your attention. I wuld like a copy of hera too so if u have one can u send it to me? 🙂

The main reason for that cruel title, is because half of you wuldnt read it if i put on a title like, "help out 68K mac users" as such (no offense).A lot of peple seem to neglect other players because they have older macs (68K Macz). And some of you may have noticed, they cannot use gameranger. This is because Gameranger is PPC only. (and before you ask, yes. i have sent out a group of assassins to go and discuss this matter with the narrow minded creater) 🙂

Because of this ive decided to start up a web site (soon) where you will be able to join up an become apart of a ladder which determines your place by the number of games won-but more about that later. When you sign up and become a member you will have your icq# and other details available for all members. Also, to make things a little easier for u, a search engine will be provided to help find some1 of your level, ect. ect. (on the ladder you will be given a level of skill, from 1 to 10- 10 being the lowest).

(You may have noticed that i sed you culd contact players by using there ice#, this is mainly because ICQ is available for all macs att (url="http://"http://www.ICQ.com)")www.ICQ.com)(/url)

About the ladder- basically, everytime you win a game, u can post your win, but your opponent has to reply confirming his/her loss 😛 (just to rub it in). This will determin your place on the ladder. I think this way will not only give 68k users a chance to find worthy opponents, but it will get others interested, to start a competitive streak among ares gamers.

Until I get this web site up and running, culd u all plz post your ICQ# and other details on the "68K USERs: POST HERE FOR GAMES" or just go to:
(url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum3/HTML/000051.html")http://www.AmbrosiaS...TML/000051.html(/url)

Oh yeh, cos i nearly know crap all about html encoding as such, im looking for peple to help me get this site up and running, and to help run it. Culd u plz either post here or email me macabre@eisa.net.au if u wanna help out 🙂

------------------
'No matter how safe you are hidden from the deadliest of enemies, you can never escape yourself ' --Cormach Hafgan

Actually, most of those problems will be taken care of (can't say more).I'll help with ur site and stuff if u want, though 🙂

<Same important note> All 68k Users email me! </same important note>

------------------
68k macs rule!

I don't know how many times I have to repeat this:

Hera is in closed Beta!

Any Distribution of Hera is strictly forbidden, except to members of the beta team. Any links to download it will be deleted. Any passwords to crack it will be censored.

This web board does not condone nor allow any form of illegal activity.

Is this point made absolutely, completely, unarguably, clear?

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Let me strike some fear into the beta-stealing hearts on this board (No offense Angel, but what you said doesn't really convince).

Ok, it is illegal yes, illegal for anyone to own a copyrighted closed beta unless you are a beta tester and have signed an agreement. It is also illegal for any beta tester to give the beta out. Thats right, if you ever have the bad luck of getting the Hera beta, the feds (FBI) will come to your door with a pretty fine that you'll have to pay. I'm no legal expert, but I am guessing the fine would be 4 digits or more. Sure, you might think "the fbi can never find me!" but thats not the case. Just so you know, even if you have a dynamic IP, each IP you've ever logged on with is stored in your ISPs log (well, with most respectable ones anyway) so they can find the IP of the beta tester who leaked it, or your IP, ask the ISP about it, get your address, and if its fake, there's always the credit card company. There are countless other ways to find you as well. So stop spamming this board with beta requests etc. Its starting to get annoying.

------------------
--
"Do or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Ha! I'm sure there was someone on this board who did crack the Beta. Did his name begin with S? Hmmmmmm.

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could devise it. We will line all our ships up and fly straight at the enemy death cannons therefore clogging them with wreckage.

Shut up Laguana!!

------------------
Would you like to ride on your own ass?
-Advertisement for donkey rides in Thailand

Just a thought, i wasn't refering in my earlier reply in any way to the beta or hacking :frown:...bad hackers... (although I doubt anyone is accusing me). Anyhow, I fully give my support to the secrecy of the beta. As a programmer myself, u put in countless hours into a program, and to have it ripped off by anyone is EXTREMELY frustrating. I mean, most programmers (myself included) spend many extra hours just to make sure that the program isn't going to be hacked for the registration (or at least easily). So please, everyone off the list, STOP ASKING FOR HERA!

------------------
68k macs rule!

<important note> All 68k Users email me <important note>

You can't hate all hackers can you? I myself am a hacker, but I don't put the hacks I make on the web. I usually learn as much as I can from the code that I am hacking. And hacking is such a derogatory term. Learning by hacking is one of the best ways to get familiar with coding.

------------------
-Semper ubi sub ubi-

You can't hate all hackers can you? I myself am a hacker, but I don't put the hacks I make on the web. I usually learn as much as I can from the code that I am hacking. And hacking is such a derogatory term. Learning by hacking is one of the best ways to get familiar with coding.

------------------
-Semper ubi sub ubi-

ok,
may i ask, apart from killermacdude, did anyone actually read the intro to this posting??? i only put the "free version of hera" or wateva to get peple to come in here to bring something which i thought was important to the attention of some peple. By the way, cracking passwords on stuffit archives and illegally registering programs so u can get the full use of it without paying is called cracking, hacking is more to do with networks and the net as such (eg. finding backdoors into websites and changing some stuff around, without damaging anything TOO much 🙂 , and leaving calling cards.) So if ur goin to be hackers ect. get ur facts rite first.

macabre

------------------
'No matter how safe you are hidden from the deadliest of enemies, you can never escape yourself ' --Cormach Hafgan

If you don't want the beta stolen, which it already has been (by someone other than me, you will shut down your beta server, or at least make it password preotected to get in, because there are millions of decription programs on hotline for anyone.

------------------
"These are my terms, abide by them or drink vacuum."-Tycho

I think the main point here is that you shoudnt bite the hand that feeds you.

The person who originally posted beta links has been identified. The unregistered account was matched to a registered account. The IP has been recorded and a warning email sent.

As for password protecting, realistically, it can only keep out casual users. Until there is a more advanced encryption method available to the public (you can be sure the military is at least thinking about it), our best bet is to move the physical location of the beta and the like.

------------------
Replicant
www.axis.n3.net

How do you become a beta tester anyways, or is it closed now?

It's closed, why do you think I'm not on the beta team? :frown:

------------------
Sir! Our shields are dropping!
_What?!?
They're firing! _ says the lieutenant as a torpedo appears on the view screen.
Well, it seams you won't have the last laugh today Therg. Says Captain Fullers voice over the speakers.
Dang.
The torpedo strikes the ship removing it from the sky in a violent explosion.

Originally posted by Replicant:
**The person who originally posted beta links has been identified. The unregistered account was matched to a registered account. The IP has been recorded and a warning email sent.

As for password protecting, realistically, it can only keep out casual users. Until there is a more advanced encryption method available to the public (you can be sure the military is at least thinking about it), our best bet is to move the physical location of the beta and the like.

Oh, my dear god!
A warning e-mail!

------------------
"Your attack has been rendered harmless.
It is, however, quite pretty"

Its nice to c peple actually read the intro.... does anyone pay attention at all?? i spose u mite read it if it sed:

FREE SEX
APPLY HERE

------------------

Yes, a warning email. The heavily-armed death squad was taking a donut break.

------------------
Replicant
www.axis.n3.net

Trust me, from what I've heard, using hera is like making an ev-plug with out the templates, and combined with the unique ability than EV-edit has to destroy an entire computer.

I dont care about release dates now, I am too busy working on Era, and my plug wont be continued for a bit. (at least till I'm done with Era)

------------------
ERA for EV:
www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html