Darwinians won't follow officers

bug in containment level?

I'm unregistered and I always get stuck in the containment level. There's an island that after killing all monsters, I sent an engineer to collect souls and ressurect them in the nearby incubator. After that, most Darwinians keep walking in circles around the incubator and they don't follow any officers. The only way I found to get them out of there was promoting many into officers but there's too many. Is this a bug or am I forgetting something?

What abilities have you researched for your officers?

You first get officers in the Containment level, and they really can't be upgraded enough at that point to get the "follow" command. You need to use the "goto" command. Select an officer, then right-click on the ground where you want the DGs to go. Any DGs that are near the officer will go to the point on the ground that you selected. If you put another officer at that point, and direct the DGs on from there, you can see how you can chain officers together as waypoints for the DGs to follow.

xander

@darwinian, on Feb 28 2007, 11:22 AM, said in Darwinians won't follow officers:

You first get officers in the Containment level, and they really can't be upgraded enough at that point to get the "follow" command. You need to use the "goto" command. Select an officer, then right-click on the ground where you want the DGs to go. Any DGs that are near the officer will go to the point on the ground that you selected. If you put another officer at that point, and direct the DGs on from there, you can see how you can chain officers together as waypoints for the DGs to follow.

xander

I'm sorry, I'm just so new. I meant that some Darwinians won't obey an officer's goto order, they keep circlling the incubator on a certain island and ignore the goto path I chose. Anyway, good tip on the waypoints.

@alexusii, on Feb 28 2007, 04:42 PM, said in Darwinians won't follow officers:

I'm sorry, I'm just so new. I meant that some Darwinians won't obey an officer's goto order, they keep circlling the incubator on a certain island and ignore the goto path I chose. Anyway, good tip on the waypoints.

At any time, did you order the DGs into the incubator? If you order DGs to a location that they cannot reach, they will do their best to get there, but they won't accept any other orders until they die (more or less). You can try leaving the level, and reentering it. That normally solves the problem.

xander