First Ares MOD Update

To update you all, if you even care, the team for the first Ares MOD has almost been made.

First we need one more person with us, a graphics designer. The graphics designer needs to be able to do renderings, and if at all possible, movies also. And, if the graphics designer has a few ship ideas, we would be glad to use them.

Second, we have decided to drop the whole "Star Wars" theme (it was a dumb idea anyway :)), and have decided to make a whole new univers with new spiecies and ships, weapons, all panels, start up screen, and movies will be differn't.

Third, the beta isn't expected to be released in ANY time soon. We will keep you posted on how everything is going, and if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, we welcome them.

That's it for now! Bye all, and "c'ya on the tracker"

------------------
First I was a learner,
But now I am the master

Kyle "Vader" Blessing

Firstly, Ambrose, don't go stomping on the idea quite so quickly.

Secondly, Vader, don't call it "The First Ares Mod"- I know many others announced, and, yea, worked on, and better yet, still intended for release now, from some time ago.

My advice: Sort out the plot and the graphics, etc, and work on coding it when Hera is released. Good luck!

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Angel,

Sorry for the confusion, I have just started playing, and had not seen any other MOD's made for it, so I assumed (which is a bad thing to do, but I hit "post" before thinking...) that this would be the first MOD made.

And no, I am not going to wuss out. I am a game programer, but at the moment my team has not been assigned to make anything. When I toled them about me starting to make a MOD, all but one got interestead.

Anyway, just thought I should clear that all up. Later all

------------------
First I was a learner,
But now I am the master

Kyle "Vader" Blessing

Do you still need the sounds, music n ****??
cos i can do that, also if u want a plot, races and just a quick design on ships n stuff i can do that, i culd do all the graphics for u but i cant get the appropriate software for my old 68k mac, let me know.

email: macabre@eisa.net.au

------------------
'No matter how safe you are hidden from the deadliest of enemies, you can never escape yourself ' --Cormach Hafgan