Officers through Radar dishes,

Can't get officers to travel radar.

Not sure if this is a limitation of the demo, but I can't get an officer to select the radar dish as a destination. It brings the darwinians to the radar tower but wont travel over it. Anyone else seeing this?

ouegamer, on Feb 27 2006, 05:07 AM, said:

Not sure if this is a limitation of the demo, but I can't get an officer to select the radar dish as a destination. It brings the darwinians to the radar tower but wont travel over it. Anyone else seeing this?
View Post

Before you right-click on the radar dish, does the cursor change? It should change to four arrows pointing inwards towards the entrance to the dish.

xander

darwinian, on Feb 27 2006, 08:58 AM, said:

Before you right-click on the radar dish, does the cursor change? It should change to four arrows pointing inwards towards the entrance to the dish.

xander
View Post

Nope, it does with the Squads but not with officers.

ouegamer, on Feb 27 2006, 04:02 PM, said:

Nope, it does with the Squads but not with officers.
View Post

That is really very odd... it should do that with officers, as well. I have never had any problems like what you describe, and am really not sure what to tell you.

Are you using a two-button mouse?
In the control options dialog (main menu -> control options), what does it say in the Mouse Buttons area?

xander

darwinian, on Feb 28 2006, 12:14 PM, said:

That is really very odd... it should do that with officers, as well. I have never had any problems like what you describe, and am really not sure what to tell you.

Are you using a two-button mouse?
In the control options dialog (main menu -> control options), what does it say in the Mouse Buttons area?

xander
View Post

LOL Sorry to bother you, turns out it was my goof, I had the radar pointed one way but hadn't aligned the radar tower back the otherway so it was only sending things one way. BTW I'm using the trackpad in my powerbook.

ouegamer, on Feb 28 2006, 11:52 PM, said:

LOL Sorry to bother you, turns out it was my goof, I had the radar pointed one way but hadn't aligned the radar tower back the otherway so it was only sending things one way. BTW I'm using the trackpad in my powerbook.
View Post

That would cause a problem. I used the trackpad on my PowerBook for about five minutes during the beta, then promptly plugged my Logitech mouse back in. Gestures were a beast with the trackpad. I pity you 😛

xander

it should be easier in 1.4. Now with icons and hotkeys instead gestures