[ANN] Darwinia 1.4 Beta version released

A beta version of Darwinia 1.4 for Mac is available here.

Please note that this is still a beta, and that bugs should be posted over on Introversion's official forums, preferably in this topic.

The password to the DMG is 'beta' minus the quotes.

Enjoy!

w00t! At last... I cannot wait to see the improvements. I will post more after I actually play it.

Umm... any chance of a change log/read me/instructions on how to use the new features? I guess as one who actually RTFMs, I would like a manual...

OK. Another question... I am probably going to order a new Intel iMac in the next few months... What is the likelihood of this game getting a universal binary?

Ringwraith, on Jan 14 2006, 04:24 AM, said:

OK. Another question... I am probably going to order a new Intel iMac in the next few months... What is the likelihood of this game getting a universal binary?
View Post

Don't know. No one at IV has one of the new Intel Macs, though it sounds like John might be getting one soonish, possibly (he does all of the porting). I would guess that multiplayer support and Defcon will happen before Darwinia gets a universal binary, as there is only so much that John can do. On the other hand, there hasn't been any kind of official word, so far as I know. I would suggest that the best place to ask would be Introversion's Forums.

xander