A Darwinian Journal Found!

I felt like a bit of creative writing, so here ya go:

Day One:

Terrible creatures attacked us yesterday. Most of my village was destroyed. The souls... so many souls were lost. Only a handful of us managed to run into the hills. The Maker rescued some of us, but so few. We're hiding out in a double-walled area under one of the fractal trees, hopefully we'll be safe here, but the memories of so many of us screaming and dying still haunt me. If I live as long as any darwinian ever has, I'll never forget those screams. I see more of the creatures in the distance. I don't know where they came from. I'm so scared.

Day Two:

The Maker gave us new laser weapons today, and there's been more refugees streaming in, some claiming they've fought the beasts successfully... but at heavy cost. There's been many souls floating in the distance. It's so wonderful to know that more of us made it, but I wonder how we will ever get back to how we lived before. There's been sounds of fighting in the distance for so long. I think something big is going to happen soon. We've been ordered to move closer to the big tree, and one of us got promoted to Leader to keep us there! I hope we have a chance to fight back for our home too. The Maker will surely protect us here in the Containment area, but I think we deserve to fight for ourselves. Anyway, one of the trunk ports re-opened in the night, and the rumor is that an incubator is up and running. The news is great, but I fear for my village. Will it ever be the same? No... but perhaps I can go back home again when this is over.

(more to come)

It might be better to have at least a couple days before the attack. Starting from when the darwinian was 'birthed' from an incubator.