Insurrection

shameless self promotion

I am certain that anyone who cares has already picked this up on the IV boards, but I thought I would plug it over here, as well.

I have released a small mod to Darwinia called Insurrection. At the moment, it is still a little buggy, but I would like the opinions of others. For more information, I direct you to the IV Boards, where you will find a link to the mod, as well as discussion of the mod itself.

Cheers,
xander

Apparently it's still very beta - don't you want to patch it up first, xander? 😛

I have noticed a major issue in the latest version - the file "mission_a n ihilation.txt" is a misspelling, causing the game to crash when you attempt to enter that level. Rename it to "mission_a nn ihilation.txt" to fix the problem.

Other than that, this mod is absolutely great! It is very challenging and has a remarkable storyline. It has occupied me for some 5-6 hours today alone... ouch!

EDIT: I misspelled "misspelling" 😄

This post has been edited by MoveZig : 17 December 2005 - 08:05 PM

MoveZig, on Dec 18 2005, 12:04 AM, said:

I have noticed a major issue in the latest version - the file "mission_a n ihilation.txt" is a misspelling, causing the game to crash when you attempt to enter that level. Rename it to "mission_a nn ihilation.txt" to fix the problem.

Other than that, this mod is absolutely great! It is very challenging and has a remarkable storyline. It has occupied me for some 5-6 hours today alone... ouch!

EDIT: I misspelled "misspelling" 😄
View Post

Yeah, I caught that a few days ago, but have not yet uploaded the fix... I should go do that now...

xander

A radar dish is messed up in one of the earlier levels; you need to connect one to the other to get to the end, but a hill is just barely in the way. I don't remember which area it was... the one with the three connection things and virii all over the control tower island things. (Man, that sounded bad!)

This post has been edited by MoveZig : 18 December 2005 - 06:49 PM

MoveZig, on Dec 18 2005, 10:44 PM, said:

A radar dish is messed up in one of the earlier levels; you need to connect one to the other to get to the end, but a hill is just barely in the way. I don't remember which area it was... the one with the three connection things and virii all over the control tower island things. (Man, that sounded bad!)
View Post

Screenshot?

xander