How do I watch the intro again?

I haven't registered yet, but I really loved the intro to the game. How do I view it again? Now when I start it up, it doesn't play it.

Thanks

Edit the file located at ~/Library/Application Support/Darwinia/full/preferences.txt

and change the line:

bootloader = random

to

bootloader = firsttime

That will work for one launch of the game.

Andcarne, on Apr 1 2005, 01:14 AM, said:

Edit the file located at ~/Library/Application Support/Darwinia/full/preferences.txt

and change the line:

bootloader = random

to

bootloader = firsttime

That will work for one launch of the game.
View Post

Thanks!

lord funk, on Apr 1 2005, 02:13 AM, said:

Thanks!
View Post

It is really excellent. I love the music in the game too. After finishing the Garden level and seeing the Darwinians dance to the lofi, downbeat techno groove at the end was awesome. This may be the first game where I've listened to the music play before going to the next level. ๐Ÿ™‚

They dance after you finish the garden level?

Dang, now I have to reset everything and beat that level again!

In any case, I think the music calls for some Wiretap Pro action. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

They will dance when you complete any level.

Phyvo, on Apr 1 2005, 02:24 PM, said:

Dang, now I have to reset everything and beat that level again!

View Post

Just create another profile.

Phyvo, on Apr 1 2005, 09:24 AM, said:

In any case, I think the music calls for some Wiretap Pro action. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
View Post

Just go here for the music.

You can revisit any level you've beaten and watch them jump with glee.

Andcarne's trick seems to work only once and then never again. I tried it twice and nothing happened at the second time.

You have to change the prefs file every time you want to see it. This is due to the way Darwinia works, and there's nothing we can do about it short of creating a launch-script as a wrapper that changes it every time.

Yourhead, on Apr 2 2005, 08:23 PM, said:

Just go here for the music.
View Post

Could you tell me what the title of the song is? Listening to every one on that page while trying to find them, while possibly pleasent, is a lot of work to find a single song.

(edit) I found the victory one...So I guess you don't have to bother, I'll probably find the other. Thanks! (/edit)

Another edit: After looking at (what I think are) all the songs, I still haven't found the intro theme... could you tell me where it is?

This post has been edited by Phyvo : 03 April 2005 - 08:49 PM

I did change it. When I started up Darwinia, it didn't show me an intro after all. When I checked the pref file, it still said ย”firsttimeย“.

Maybe you misspelled it...?

Just to check, it does say bootloader = firsttime on that line, right? If any of that is wrong it won't work.

Also, if you've got it unregistered, it may only play once.

That was it. After I registered, it works every time I try.

I have the unregistered version, and if you delete the Darwinia folder in "Users/<yourname>/ApplicationSupport" then it will play the intro again one time. It will delete your profiles though...

I remember someone asked for the intro music.

Here you go.

Nice ๐Ÿ™‚