Removing Profiles

OK. I have 2 profiles that I have used to play this game (and I am thoroughly enjoying it!) However, I would like to remove one of them now. Is there any way to do this? I can see the 'Add a Profile' button, but no 'Remove a Profile'.

Any ideas?

Ringwraith, on Jul 20 2005, 04:51 AM, said:

OK. I have 2 profiles that I have used to play this game (and I am thoroughly enjoying it!) However, I would like to remove one of them now. Is there any way to do this? I can see the 'Add a Profile' button, but no 'Remove a Profile'.

Any ideas?
View Post

If you wish to delete a profile:

Find the directory ~/Library/Applicaiton Support/Darwinia/full/users/ .
Delete any directory there that is named for the profile you wish to delete.

xander

Ahh... Thank you. That was most helpful. But it seems to me that this would be a good feature in the game so that users do not need to go chasing through directories for files that most are not even aware exist.

Just my ˘2.

Ringwraith, on Jul 20 2005, 09:05 PM, said:

Ahh... Thank you. That was most helpful. But it seems to me that this would be a good feature in the game so that users do not need to go chasing through directories for files that most are not even aware exist.

Just my ˘2.
View Post

I am inclined to agree... and I think that it has been mentioned on the IV boards. Mayhaps it will show up in the next patch.

xander

Actually, I would hope for some more guided features in the game editor (such as error checking, so I don't wreck my MODs with a single error. Also objectives editor. I know that's really a LOT easier said than done, but it's still just an idea.

Fnoigy, on Jul 20 2005, 09:14 PM, said:

Actually, I would hope for some more guided features in the game editor (such as error checking, so I don't wreck my MODs with a single error. Also objectives editor. I know that's really a LOT easier said than done, but it's still just an idea.
View Post

Have you looked at any of the map editing guides around?

There's one Icepick made.
And there's one I made.