Phrase not found

mod issue

hey all,
Does anyone else have an issue that when they fire up a mod, any in-game text (instructions given to the player at the bottom of the screen) comes in as "Phrase not found: XXXX" where XXXX is any given resource name like "lostsoulsintro1"?

It seems like it's a resource is missing, but I've downloaded and tried every mod i can find and i have the same issue on all of them.

I did a search, I swear. I can't find anything else like this on the IV or ASW boards...
but if a resolution does exist, i apologize.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Yummator, on May 29 2005, 02:47 AM, said:

hey all,
Does anyone else have an issue that when they fire up a mod, any in-game text (instructions given to the player at the bottom of the screen) comes in as "Phrase not found: XXXX" where XXXX is any given resource name like "lostsoulsintro1"?

It seems like it's a resource is missing, but I've downloaded and tried every mod i can find and i have the same issue on all of them.

I did a search, I swear. I can't find anything else like this on the IV or ASW boards...
but if a resolution does exist, i apologize.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
View Post

At this moment, if you want to change the text in the game, you will have to go through the following steps:

1. Right-click or ctrl-click on Darwinia.app and click on 'Show Package Contents'
  2. Rename 'main.dat' to 'main.rar', and extract it with a utility like UnRar
  3. In the new 'data' directory, you should see a file called 'english.txt' -- this file contains all of the strings that the game uses. Replace it with a new file. In this case, replace it with 'strings_default.txt' from the StrickenSouls folder.

That should do it. Right now, there is no easy way to replace the strings. However, as soon as the patch is out, this will change. You will be able to create a text file called 'strings_default.txt' and leave that in your mod folder, and the StrickenSouls mod should work without difficulty.

xander

darwinian, on May 29 2005, 02:37 PM, said:

That should do it. Right now, there is no easy way to replace the strings. However, as soon as the patch is out, this will change. You will be able to create a text file called 'strings_default.txt' and leave that in your mod folder, and the StrickenSouls mod should work without difficulty.

xander
View Post

Heh, I think I'll wait. and I'm sure you get this a lot but is there any tentative release date for the patch? Like do you think it'll be a week or a month or maybe a year? I'm just really anxious for all the improvements.

Dave

From what IV have told us we predict a couple of weeks.

The roadmap still anticipates a May 2005 release with high confidence. I do not think that this will happen, as it is already 29 May, and the patch is not even out to the beta testers. However, as they have not updated the roadmap, I assume this means that the patch could be in beta any day now. If it follows the path of the Windows and Linux patches, the Mac patch should be out a week or two after it goes into beta. I guess this means that the patch will not be out in less than a week, but that it could be as much as a month. And this is all heresay and rumor anyway.

xander

darwinian, on May 30 2005, 07:58 AM, said:

The roadmap still anticipates a May 2005 release with high confidence. I do not think that this will happen, as it is already 29 May, and the patch is not even out to the beta testers. However, as they have not updated the roadmap, I assume this means that the patch could be in beta any day now. If it follows the path of the Windows and Linux patches, the Mac patch should be out a week or two after it goes into beta. I guess this means that the patch will not be out in less than a week, but that it could be as much as a month. And this is all heresay and rumor anyway.
View Post

Who says it's not in beta. <_<

Anyways, there was an issue with it, which was delaying things, and that should be fixed in the very near future.

Andcarne, on May 31 2005, 03:41 AM, said:

Who says it's not in beta. <_<

Anyways, there was an issue with it, which was delaying things, and that should be fixed in the very near future.
View Post

True enough. However, IV did push the Windows and Linux beta patches through the phase 1 beta testers as well as the phase 2 beta testers. I had assumed that the Mac patch would be much the same. As I have not seen an announcement on the beta page, I had assumed that the Mac patch was not yet being tested. My bad.

xander

It's in internal testing.