Darwinia patch

What to expect?

I've heard that there may soon be a patch for Darwinia, and I'm curious as to what it will do. Will it improve the efficiency of the code, so the game may run slightly less choppy (it's actually impeding on my ability to complete a mission, as the coppiness is shaking my view when trying to connect the mission-critical radar dishes)? Anybody heard anything?

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/darwinia/...opic.php?t=2149

This is a good place to start. The Mac patch should address most of the same issues. There may also be some tweaks for perfromance on the Mac, but no one seems to be answering those questions. ^_^

/me pokes andcarne

xander

Fnoigy, on May 27 2005, 05:15 AM, said:

I've heard that there may soon be a patch for Darwinia, and I'm curious as to what it will do. Will it improve the efficiency of the code, so the game may run slightly less choppy (it's actually impeding on my ability to complete a mission, as the coppiness is shaking my view when trying to connect the mission-critical radar dishes)? Anybody heard anything?
View Post

If you read some of the many threads asking about this radar dish issue, you'll find that use of the F2 key to cycle through the 3 camera modes will allow you to set the camera in a fixed position before selecting the radar dish, then you are safe (just deselect the radar dish before F2-ing back to the original mode).

It will mainly bring things up to date with the latest PC patch, which includes the performance improvements included there. I don't want to comment on the performance issues too much, though, since there are a few issues with the Mac patch yet to be fixed that could change things.

Michael B, on May 27 2005, 11:28 AM, said:

If you read some of the many threads asking about this radar dish issue, you'll find that use of the F2 key to cycle through the 3 camera modes will allow you to set the camera in a fixed position before selecting the radar dish, then you are safe (just deselect the radar dish before F2-ing back to the original mode).
View Post

Actually, ToLazyToMakeAnAccount informed me on that one the other day at school.