Building Bridges?

Hi all

just started the game, am on level 2 (3 islands and a force field) - is there a secret to building bridges that I have missed?

Thanks

Yes. There is a secret that you have missed. It is not possible. In many of the beta versions of the game, it was possible to build bridges with engineers. You would place an engineer at each end of the bridge, and could send units across. If the bridge was very long, you would have to place engineers along the bridge at nodes between every length of a given size. This meant that in order to create a useful bridge, it would require several engineers taking up slots in the task manager. In the end, IV removed bridge building from the game, as it was not really useful, and there was no place in the base scenerio where it was needed. However, they forgot to take out some of the text. I think this is one of the minor bugs that is fixed in the patch, which is not yet available for Mac.

xander

darwinian, on May 26 2005, 09:28 AM, said:

Yes. There is a secret that you have missed. It is not possible. In many of the beta versions of the game, it was possible to build bridges with engineers. You would place an engineer at each end of the bridge, and could send units across. If the bridge was very long, you would have to place engineers along the bridge at nodes between every length of a given size. This meant that in order to create a useful bridge, it would require several engineers taking up slots in the task manager. In the end, IV removed bridge building from the game, as it was not really useful, and there was no place in the base scenerio where it was needed. However, they forgot to take out some of the text. I think this is one of the minor bugs that is fixed in the patch, which is not yet available for Mac.

xander
View Post

Ahhhh - I'm a beta tester 🙂

ok - so how do i move the lil buggers from the islands to inside the force field? ( level 2 )

cheers

Use the radar dishes to send them back and forth. Just capture the control tower next to each dish, then click on the dish, and point it to the one you want to send to.

Once the connection is established, you can use officers to tell the Darwinians to go through the radar.