Stupid darwinians

radar problem

I cant make the darwinians use the radar dishes

Make an officer and right-click on the radar dish you want to target. Make sure the circle appears underneath the radar dish.

Also, don't forget that you must align both dishes. Just because there's a beam doesn't mean they can use it. You'll notice the beam become more solid when both dishes are aligned properly.

The main problem I've had is that sometimes my squads go into the dish but never come back out on the other end. After five minutes, during which I couldn't even cancel their program, I was finally able to cancel them and create new ones. Every other time I tried to do anything while they were in the dish (including deselecting them and/or selecting another unit), I was unable to do anything and the screen just got a temporary yellow tint. It was rather annoying.

Kidro: post in normal text and wait for the patch.

Kidro, on Apr 23 2005, 11:28 AM, said:

Also, don't forget that you must align both dishes. Just because there's a beam doesn't mean they can use it. You'll notice the beam become more solid when both dishes are aligned properly.
View Post

This isn't quite right. Each dish you align allows you to transmit in one direction. When both are aligned you can transmit either way. So either align both, or make sure you do the one in the direction you're sending.